“Good BBQ”

Dead End BBQ
Ranked #42 of 1,197 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: You have arrived - the end of the road, and the end of your search for great barbeque in East Tennessee. Dead End Barbeque was born at the end of a dead-end street where neighbors gathered to barbeque. For more than a decade the Dead End Society honed their barbequing skills in the dead end, and in professional barbeque competitions where they achieved national recognition. The Dead End BBQ restaurant has been created to take you there. To the smells, the sounds, and the homemade tastes of an exceptional American neighborhood barbeque in East Tennessee.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have vistied the Sutherland Ave and new Maryville locations and they both offered very good BBQ. I really like the BBQ Queso appetizer and I have had their pulled pork, pulled chicken and brisket. I enjoyed both the pulled pork and chicken and the brisket was pretty good. It's hard to find great brisket but Dead End does a good job. Service was great at both locations and very prompt and friendly. They have a good variety of BBQ sauce, unfotunately I really only like the "standard" one but they offer 3 to choose from. Their prices are fair and probably a little low for the quality of BBQ, but dont tell them I said that!

Overall a good place for BBQ. Neithe rlocation is overly close to where I live but if I'm in the area I would not hesitate to stop in.

1  Thank sparksjr
There are newer reviews for Dead End BBQ

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I had the pulled smoked chicken sandwich and fries. The food was good and the portion size was great for the price. The fries are seasoned but I requested the seasoning on the side because I have to be careful of MSG. My boyfriend had the brisket and he loved it. They have a good selection of side dishes. The only small issue for me was the chicken wasn't warm enough but I would definitely go back.

1  Thank LadyLibra10
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stopped in here with my grown kids . I like their barbecue, and decided to try something new , the beef brisket . I agree with another review that it is overly fat . The three pieces are exactly two after you remove the fat . My daughter had the bologna and liked it . My son the smoked sausage . Most of their items are good but I felt ripped off for the fatty brisket .

2  Thank marlin61
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Having grown up in Memphis, I think that the BBQ at Dead End is average at best. However, I do have to say that it is the second-best BBQ I've had anywhere in East Tennessee. The atmosphere isn't anything special, but it does offer a better option than most BBQ joints in the Knoxville area.

2  Thank EastTNVol
Reviewed December 10, 2013

At this writing Dead End BBQ just opened in Maryville and Trip Advisor doesn't have a page for it yet. My comments apply only to the new Maryville location. Wife and I ate lunch--both of us had the beef brisket plate. Sides and bread were fine but nothing special. Tea was overpriced. I asked the server about the beef brisket--specifically regarding how lean it was. He didn't know the meaning of the word "lean", which is somewhat funny but typical of many servers that I have encountered. Anyway, the brisket was served as three pieces. It was tender and tasty. I tried a little of the sauce, which wisely is served separately. This BBQ needs no sauce and stands on its own flavor. It was certainly not lean and contained a lot of fat. Eliminate the fat and the 3 pieces actually became more like 2 pieces of meat. Overall pretty decent but could be better.

1  Thank Shaconage

Been to Dead End BBQ? Share your experiences!