“A Romantic Excursion in Knoxville”

Volunteer Princess Cruises
Knoxville, Tennessee
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A Romantic Excursion in Knoxville”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and I treated ourselves to a Christmas cruise aboard the Volunteer Princess in downtown Knoxville. The crew was outstanding, the ship was enclosed and cozy. The lighting was perfect, and the music was very romantic. We cruised south on the Tennessee River for about 1 hour and then turned around. The Christmas lights were mesmerizing. One couple on board actually got engaged during the cruise! There was plenty of room, plus privacy. You don't have to sit with strangers either. Give it a try, you'll be glad you did! By the way, we ate the chicken and love it!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Unionsuit

Sevierville, Tennessee
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Volunteer Princess Cruises Pricey”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

If you get a Groupon, the dinner cruise is half off ($51.75 for 2, normal charge is $91.90 for 2). But you have additional charges on the cruise = $8.50 in taxes, Drinks & Appitizers are an additional charge and Tips are an additional charge. With the lighting inside, You really do not see much on the night cruise we went on. I would suggest a day cruise to see the sights along the banks of the river. Overall, the food was good. The price with the Groupon was reasonable, but if you paid full price for this cruise, it would be highly overpriced for what you get.

Visited December 2013
Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Volunteer princess cruise”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

It was a very pleasant trip. The workers answered all of my questions. The ship was Clean and the food was delicious. My only problem was the windows because we couldn't see out. I thought the value was excellent.

Visited November 2013
Maryville, Tennessee, United States
“Extremely rude owner.”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I am a local sound engineer for local bands. One of the bands that I work with was recently booked to play a private party on The Princess by a local business. Mr. LeMasurier was unnecessarily rude not only to myself but the band and even the band members wives. Not only once, but on at least 4 separate occasions he practically yelled at us to clean up cases and the like as we were setting up. He also would not allow some of our coats on the backs of chairs at our table. Furthermore he would not even allow me to store my Bose speaker covers on his boat. They had to be left on the dock. Just those covers would cost almost $500 to replace. I had $10,000 (not including the bands personal gear)worth of equipment and I am a trained professional yet this man spoke to me like I was some pimple faced kid with a karaoke system. The food was o.k. actually and the service was fair. I just want people to know how unprofessionally we were treated. He may treat his guests well but I feel for anyone employed by this man.

Visited November 2013
Lenoir City, Tennessee
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Excellent food; Outstanding service”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We boarded the Volunteer Princess for a rehearsal dinner. The staff was very accommodating from the start of booking and throughout our communication. The food was delicious especially the cheesecake. The potato bar added a nice touch and allowed for mingling before dinner. I would highly recommend the Volunteer Princess for any occasion based on our experience. We would love to do it again but no more weddings on the horizon.

Visited October 2013