“A good clean and secure place for the kids and I!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Executive Inn
Ranked #77 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Huntsville, Alabama
“A good clean and secure place for the kids and I!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I wish we had to come up to Tennessee under better circumstances, it is such a pretty place, but my dear old uncle Fredo past away and it was very stressful on the family. That this hotel was close to Barry Funeral home, it was clean and the property was secure and safe for my family; this took a great deal of stress off of the trip. I hope next time I come through this area it is for better reasons, I will almost certainly stop here again!

Thank you Executive Inn!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Nice and affordable. The staff was very friendly, the area is pretty decent and the room was clean. What else could you ask for? Just a one mile from downtown Knoxville, with a plethora of places to shop, dine and go dancing.

The next time I go through Knoxville, I will surely stop here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Greg W
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

To be fair one shouldn't expect much for $54.00 a night. However, the buildings and rooms are so filthy they should be paying me to stay here. I came for a conference and all of the downtown hotels were booked. Executive Inn was listed as one of the Convention Center's "partners", so I assumed it would be decent enough. When I arrived, none of the lights in my room worked. They moved me to a neighboring room. I was disgusted by how filthy it was. There were dirty black footprints (of bare feet) all over the wall by the bed. Streaks of food (or vomit) on the wall and lamp behind the headboard and the chair in the room was so stained, it looked like it had been pulled off the side of the street on garbage day. I went to the office and told them it was unacceptable. They offered to put me back in the room with no working lights and would call maintenance. He arrived along with the manager to apologize. Apparently the control switch was behind the headboard- so, they shoved the board over. At least they were prompt and apologetic. But, this does not make up for the fact that the building is falling apart, very dirty, and reeking of 40 years worth of cigarette smoke. DO NOT stay here unless you hang with trailer trash. I have stayed in nicer motels in third world counties.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Texasrubyrose
Bryson City, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel is usually clean and the staff are polite and it is comfortable and the location is good. 50 dollars is all most nights and like I said clean and comfortable and quiet most of the time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

A dangerous place with terrible management. We couldn't even enter our room because there were multiple drunk men in front of it. Broken glass in the parking lot. Someone had tried to get into our moving van in the first five minutes we were there. I've filed complaints with the BBB, the TN Division of Consumer Affairs, and my credit card company. We refused to stay there, and the manager told us that we didn't deserve a refund because we CHOSE to not stay there! He also said that safety at the motel wasn't his concern. BEWARE! It's not worth saving a few bucks.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank CasieJ
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

My wife and I initially had rented a room at Executive Inn, but when we got there at 3am, the room was trashed (beer cans everywhere) and a guy jumped out of bed screaming and cursing, upset because he had been waken up out of his sleep..which was understandable. I apologized several times and explained that we were given this room by the guy at the front desk. I think the only reason the guy didn't come after me personally was because he saw that I was with my wife. We immediately went back to the front desk and asked for our money back and drove to McDonald's to use their wi-fi on our laptop. This was my wife's first time in Knoxville and she was scared out of her wits by this incident. We drove around until 4am looking to find a cheaper room that matched one that we found online., We eventually found a clean room in Pigeon Forge that matched the price range we were looking for and the rest of the trip went smoothly. I was eventually able to convince my wife that Knoxville is a nice town and that the folks there are very friendly. I would not go back there if they paid me to stay there. There are more important things to consider besides $$ when making motel decisions...like your life!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank Traveling4u_11
Deuel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

I always stop at this motel, simply because of the friendly staff, low rates and the clean rooms.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business