“poor health ratings”

Ranked #168 of 1,197 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Indian, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Woodlands of Knoxville. Specializes in North Indian, South Indian, Indo Chinese and Mumbai Chat Corner.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I hated this place. Felt as though the food was heated and reheated many times. Did not think food was fresh.
Has had several failing health score ratings. Would never eat there again.

4  Thank Traveler1Knoxville
Mona M, Manager at Woodlands Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

I would like to apologize for your bad experience with us, but i assure you that you did not eat food that was reheated. Our food is cooked fresh every morning before the lunch buffet starts, and our chef's continue to make fresh food when the food starts to run out through the buffet. The food is also placed on trays that keep the food hot on the buffet table. As for the health inspection reports, we have never failed a health inspection and you are welcome to look at the reports posted on the wall at the end of the bar table, and will be able to see that our inspections were passed with high 90's out of a 100. I really hope you give us another chance, and I promise you that you won't regret it!

There are newer reviews for Woodlands Indian Restaurant

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

A party of 20 came in after me. I figured I would be forgotten but I wasn't. I ordered the a spinach dish and had them to add chicken with rice and nan. Everything was delicious!

2  Thank shadowaero
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This restaurant is hopeless.I did not like anything here.Been here 3/4 times ,have got some take out once .i will never eat there again...period .

Mona M, Owner at Woodlands Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

I truly apologize for the fact that you did not have a good experience eating at TAJ. I'm sorry you feel that our restaurant is hopeless, but did you just not enjoy your food? Was there something wrong with your take-out? I assure you that if you come back and speak with the manager about what the problem was, he will not let you leave unhappy. I hope you give us another chance!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

the food and service were amazing. Our entire family enjoyed it (even our picky 13 yr. old). Plenty of food and at a great price. Reminded me of Imperial Fez in Atlanta or the curry bars in London.

2  Thank Donna O
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Me and a couple of my friends just came to eat at TAJ a couple days ago for their lunch buffet and to be honest, I was a bit nervous because I had never eaten Indian food before. So, we came in and I absolutely loved their decor with the saris hanging because it was a very authentic setting. We were greeted by this man who is probably the manager, and were seated. Judging from the reviews, my experience with my friends was completely different. They had a great variety of food for their buffet. They had Chicken Tikka Masala, Tandoori Chicken, Aloo Gobi (not sure what it is but was delicious), Lamb Sagwalaa (a bit spicy but got to be my favorite) and much more. Now, we came to eat around 1:30 and the buffet was hot like it was just made fresh, and was delicious. Their spice level was perfect (mild), and what really won me over was their mando ice cream. I have got to say that I would recommend this restaurant to anybody who has never tried Indian food, or just wants a great place to eat! Will be back!(:

2  Thank Candace J