“chickn n waffles”
Review of Cafe 4

Cafe 4
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe 4 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,200 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Union Avenue
Description: Cafe 4 entered the downtown scene almost a decade ago, truly becoming a pioneer in Knoxville's substantial urban revitalization. Unbelievable to those who have only seen Market Square in its enlivened state, downtown Knoxville was anything but desirable at the time of Cafe 4's founding. The restaurant was birthed from a desire to bring light to a dark place, and the transformation that has taken place since has been truly remarkable. The front doors open up to the restaurant and a cozy mezzanine bar that is frequented by coffee drinkers, cocktail lovers, conversationalists, and passers by. The back of the building is home of The Square Room, an elegant space used for concerts and events. Swing buy for a cupcake, a cup of locally roasted coffee, or have a seat at the cafe. You're sure to be greeted with southern hospitality and urban taste.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Had a wonderful meal here on a very busy New Year's Eve. As the title states, my plate was full of that wonderful but weird combination of chicken and waffles while my wide feasted on shrimp and grits. Great portion without being ridiculous. Chicken was light and crispy and went well with the sweetness of the golden brown, airy waffles with a small side of mashed potatoes. Excellent server to boot. A great IPA from upstate New York to balance it all. Atmosphere is contemporary which isn't me but we had some nice seats as we could see the Square Room venue getting ready to crank up with the Knoxville Jazz Orchestra. Make reservations if going on a weekend or holiday eve.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

take reservations, people very nice there. The turkey burger was awesome and also the chicken sandwich. My friends said the brunch is very good.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Tried the catfish , it was perfect . My wife had Mac n cheese with bacon and a salad. Everything was good , service was good . The fries were a little old or I would have given a 5 . We also bought two cupcakes . Very tasty .

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Always have a great tym even wen I go for a late lunch I am well taken care of .... The Tomato Soup is a must try...and so is the Tilapia that's my favorite....

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stopped as we were driving thru Knoxville for a late lunch and based it on reviews - wow were we shocked at how good everything was. I had the Chicken and Dumplings and have to say it was one of the best things I have eaten! Really a good find!