“yep yep yep!!!”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Union Avenue
Description: Cafe 4 entered the downtown scene almost a decade ago, truly becoming a pioneer in Knoxville's substantial urban revitalization. Unbelievable to those who have only seen Market Square in its enlivened state, downtown Knoxville was anything but desirable at the time of Cafe 4's founding. The restaurant was birthed from a desire to bring light to a dark place, and the transformation that has taken place since has been truly remarkable. The front doors open up to the restaurant and a cozy mezzanine bar that is frequented by coffee drinkers, cocktail lovers, conversationalists, and passers by. The back of the building is home of The Square Room, an elegant space used for concerts and events. Swing buy for a cupcake, a cup of locally roasted coffee, or have a seat at the cafe. You're sure to be greeted with southern hospitality and urban taste.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Have great food in an awesome location. Really good deserts and the best mashed potatoes ever. Have an upstais and a downstairs so getting seated is never a problem.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have eaten here a couple of times and have never been disappointed. The staff is always friendly and the food is fresh. What more can you ask. The patio is a perfect place to relax and enjoy a meal while watching the crowd file by on Knoxville's Market Square.

1  Thank TravelUnit200
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I went there at 9:30 pm. It was busy, friendly, and the service was great. It's an updated atmosphere, yet relaxed too. My husband had the hamburger and homemade chips, and I had the crab cakes appetizer. My crab cakes were the best I've ever had, being crispy on the outside and moist inside. I had some of his chips (plenty) and it made a meal for me. This experience is what will bring us back again during our next visit to Knoxville. Excellent location and service. Understandably busy so late.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Definately a quality, fun place with superb menu and taste results that do not disappoint. Fun, upbeat, cosmopolitan atmosphere particularly amenable to special events, bachelor, bachelorette parties, celebrations of any kind. The acoustics are terrible, but if your a bit lubricated and in the mood to make merry, you won't mind. If your looking for that quiet, romantic monment, not likely you'll find it here. Once again, the food is excellent.

1  Thank RomerKnoxville
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I had our Valentine's Day dinner at Cafe 4. We have eaten there several times and have never been disappointed. Last night along with the regular menu they had a set menu you could choose from and we ate off of that. It was AWESOME! We each had something different at each course and shared them all and it was all delicious. I had the strawberry crepes for dessert and I admit I am a chocolate lover---no chocolate on this dessert----they were incredible. I was trying to think how I could stop by frequently and just get those. The service was perfect and the location is great. I can't wait to go back----and I won't wait long!