“Excellent and reasonable..”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville at Cedar Bluff
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We recently stayed 2 nights at the Country Inn and Suites Cedar Bluff location in Knoxville TN.
We arrived and were told we had been upgraded to a junior suite. Wow, yay and thank you! That was perfect as we knew we were going to have our daughter join us to watch the Clemson/FSU game. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The little things make this chain one to look at. Friendly and welcoming staff, night lights in the bathroom, plenty of towels, a delicious well stocked breakfast. Even the coffee was better than the usual watery hotel coffee. We enjoyed our stay so much this will be my first hotel to look for on our next road trip.

Room Tip: I highly suggest the junior suite if you plan to spend the evening in. The sofa area is spacious and...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank margie0524

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have spent several nights at this hotel in Knoxville often for business. This hotel is the best. Clean, comfortable, and friendly staff. I stay out over 150 nights per year with my job at a variety of places and different hotels, but none better than this one. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott R
Reviewed October 4, 2013

In touring around seven states in August and staying in different budget hotels for a night or two, Country Inn and Suites at Knoxville, TN, was the very best of them. It was clean, comfortable, affordable, had a well thought out fitness room, an indoor swimming pool with whirlpool, a good breakfast, and fast free wifi. Our room had comfortable mattresses and pillows, fluffy towels, good toiletries, and a truly cold room refrigerator. Their breakfast offered a good omelet and bacon, fresh fruits, and cooked oatmeal and was far better than the breakfasts at other budget hotels. Their fitness room satisfies needs in weight lifting, cardio vascular exercise, and cable and floor routines. It has everything a road trip tourist could reasonably want. The price was no more than we paid at much inferior budget hotels. The fresh all-day-long coffee and welcoming cookies added some charm. The name tags of the front desk personnel suggested that some of them came to the US from European Carlson's hotels, perhaps to add some new perspectives to their American associates. We left our iPhone's charging cable behind in the room and it was promptly mailed to our home address without charge. We had an excellent experience. Thanks Country Inn and Suites for your friendliness, hospitality, and generosity!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nina_swims
Reviewed September 27, 2013

From the moment we walked in I knew that this was a well taken care of hotel. The lobby is very nice, the staff was incredibly friendly, and the room was beautiful and clean. We needed a 1 night stay in Knoxville on the way home and decided to use the Carlson points I had earned on a corporate trip, thus enjoying a free nights stay! I booked in advance. No hassle check in. My daughter and I slept very well, the water pressure in the shower was the best I've ever had in any hotel I've stayed in. The room was quiet and dark, then we went and enjoyed a well appointed FREE breakfast. No complaints whatsoever. I will say that if you need to stay in Knoxville for any reason ( business, family, romance, whatever) this is the place to enjoy. Right in the heart of everything. Much better than the Holiday inn across the street that I was booked in for work, which was miserable.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 2Q room 316. Very quiet. View of the interstate.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is one of the newer Country Inn and Suites so actually everything seems to be very good and working condition. Staff is friendly from the front desk to the attendant for breakfast. The hotel is easier to get into off the main roads, but goodlick geeting back out. There is no red light for easy exit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
reniecarroll1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville at Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for your positive rating and review of our hotel. I appreciate your taking time to share your comments on your recent visit. I am so sorry you were frustrated with turning onto Cedar Bluff Road. I feel your pain! For your future reference, the easiest option is to scoot over to Executive Park Drive (parallel to our road) and turn at that light. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for your comments!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I last reviewed this hotel almost four years ago, rated it highly then, and it still deserves the highest rating. Traveled to Knoxville with my son for a football weekend, and this hotel is perfect for such a thing. It's about a half mile off I-40 in west Knoxville, at an exit with plenty of dining options. We were able to walk to McDonald's, and almost as close were other restaurants, a liquor store, Dollar General, and etc.

Most importantly, the staff are as friendly and efficient as ever. Check in and out were fast, the breakfast was tasty, varied, and well-stocked. There were two waffle makers to make things fast, and plenty of tables that were always kept clean. The pool area was clean and fun, and workout room seemed the same.

The rooms were clean, the fridge and microwave were perfect, air conditioning was quick and cool, and amenities were great.

Plainly put, this hotel is everything it possibly could be - at a great price - and I can see why it's still rated so highly by our TripAdvisor community.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and for being our loyal guest for four years! We appreciate your kind words and your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Please look me up when you come to town as I would love the opportunity to meet you and personally thank you for supporting our hotel with your exceptional remarks!

Renie Carroll, General Manager