“Typical HIE Property” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Wichita, Kansas
“Typical HIE Property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Holiday Inn Express line has never disappointed us while traveling. The Knoxville-Farragut HIE maintains the standard. You get a clean room, a comfortable bed, a well appointed shower and a good breakfast. The only reason I didn't rate this one excellent is the air conditioner was noisy and difficult to control. I didn't complain because we arrived extremely late and just wanted to sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stacy L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville-Farragut, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for the comments concerning your recent visit to our hotel. I am sorry you experienced a problem with the A/C. I hope you reported this to the staff at check out so we could have maintenance correct the issue. We look forward to your next visit to Knoxville from Kansas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Nice rooms and friendly service. A real plus is that the hotel is located about a mile from a strip that has many decent restaurants and a lot of shopping. Close to I 40 makes it convenient for a stop on a road trip.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sparta, Tn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

We took a quick Saturday getaway just to relax, shop and eat. This hotel was very nice. The jaccuzi suite we took was very spacious. The jaccuzi was perfect after a day of shopping and the beds were very comfortable. Also, we enjoyed the extra large flat screen tv. The breakfast area was spotless and the food was good, especially the cinnamon rolls. A very good value if you book ahead and get the discount. Everything at this Holiday Inn Express was fantastic from the front desk check-in to the late check-out. You won't regret staying with them. We plan to make them our regular stop when we go to UT games from now on.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suites are really nice for a little extra money.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

I booked this hotel for visiting family members from out of town. They enjoyed staying in the extra large room as I booked them a room with two King beds! That is unusual for a regular hotel room. The only complaint was that the beds are a little high for those of smaller stature and aging as their bones did not allow them to get in and out very easily. The front desk lady was very nice and allowed me to join my family in the morning for breakfast. My grandmother was 91, and was traveling with my mom and two aunts. Everyone felt very safe. There were a lot of military service men staying at this hotel, and they were visiting in the breakfast area each evening. This did not stop us from enjoying the area as well and playing board games together. The salt water pool was very inviting and warm with a soft surface bottom. My daughters enjoyed the work out room. Everything is new as this hotel is recently built!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had to stay here on a business trip and booked here as my regular Double Tree was sold out due to some canoeing event. I loved the location to restaurants and shopping. As I left one morning it was raining, the very nice front desk lady asked me if I wanted to borrow an umbrella.
Now that is going above and beyond. The breakfast area was OK and the lady working that morning did not say good morning or anything to about 10 people in there having breakfast. Room met all of my needs and was clean.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Anderson, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was a near-perfect experience. Everything was well appointed, clean and a fresh new look about the hotel. Great staff accomodated me upon my early arrival into the area for an early afternoon Family Reunion start time. The only negative that interrupted a great rest, was the drain noise at 4:30am, that was extremely loud. Loud enough to wake both my wife and I thinking a pipe or something in our room had broken. Fortunately, it must have been a quick shower from the room above ours, as it subsided after about 5 minutes. Request a top floor room, it might be a better choice if you are not an early riser. We also were on the back side of the hotel (Room 230) with pleasant views of a hillside, rather than on the interstate side which surely must have had at least some "road noise". Upon check-out on Memorial Day, the staff even inquired about whether I had served in the military and we exchanged pleasantries, which I thought was a nice touch. I will return when visiting my family in this area on future trips. One of my best stays EVER!

Room Tip: Across the highway, there is a shopping area that is terrific! About any kind of retail store you ca...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed here one night when the air conditioning unit was being replaced at my home. Not sure if this hotel is new or newly remodeled, but it felt new. The staff was very friendly. The hotel is just down the road from TONS of shopping and dining. I would stay here again and recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo