Tripadvisor

“Awesome Food!”

Sanctuary Vegan Cafe
Ranked #263 of 1,327 Restaurants in Knoxville
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our first visit and it was delicious. Lots to choose from. Everyone was happy with their meal.

Staff is friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (33)

Reviewed August 12, 2019

It can be hard to find vegan food sometimes on the road. We made a stop here on the way to Asheville. Glad we did. Food was great, staff was nice and easy to get to off the highway. And the best thing is that tips go to the 4them animal sanctuary. You can't beat that. Whether you live here or are passing through and are a vegan or not. It is worth a visit and meal.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2019

This is truly an all vegan restaurant which is hard to find in Knoxville. The menu offers many options. My husband had the lentil meatloaf and I had a Rueben. Both were excellent.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 3, 2019 via mobile

I think the concept is good and I wanted to like this place but it left me feeling like I’d eaten at a fried food place. So much oil, fried things, and heavy “fake” foods. I want fresh vegetables and grains and to feel like I’ve eaten something healthy. We felt so gross like we’d eaten at any regular fast food restaurant. Maybe even worse. It had such potential and then we were disappointed. Maybe choosing to have none of the sauces or fried foods would have been a better way to go here. Fries were fresh and delicious. Side salad was lovely. My build a bowl was tasty but would leave off the sauce and fried “chicken” if we happen to go again. Staff was super pleasant and made it more enjoyable.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 13, 2019

Well, what can I say it's vegan food. My biggest issue with Vegan food is when it tries to pretend to be meat. I wish they would just embrace the fact that it is all plant based and create innovative dished that highlight the veggies. I had the Oyster Mushroom Po-boy and I could not taste the mushrooms, just the breading. It was a little disappointing.

Date of visit: June 2019