“Off the beaten path”

Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed twice at this hotel. On our way to and from Richmond, Va. The hotel is clean, the pool is salt water, refreshing and indoors. The room was a perfect size. What we liked about this hotel is that it was away from the freeway so we did not hear the road noise.

The staff was welcoming and they always had cookies or snacks at the front entrance when we came in.

The breakfast was exceptional and when staff heard we were driving to Little Rock, they gave us breakfast bags to get us through our drive. Brenda and Jill were a great help at breakfast for us.

Room Tip: We stayed at both ends of the hotel, and our rooms were very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Dear azsunrise,

I'm glad that you enjoyed our indoor saltwater swimming pool. We also appreciate when guests let us know how team members have made their stay better. I'll pass along your compliments to Brenda and Gill and let them know you appreciated the On The Run breakfast bags they provided for you.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel is in a residential neighborhood with a grocery store across the street..its not quiet at all. We were there July 5th-7th and someone was shooting fireworks at 1 30 in the morning on the 5th/6th, Although that is not the hotels fault beware that you are in a neighborhood where anything could happen outside noise wise. The walls are thin, the room nextdoor had giggly girls until 12 30am then the fireworks so needless to say I didnt get any sleep that night. The morning of check out I got woke up at 7am by a motorcycle parked below my window I was on the third floor and it was still extremely loud. The hotel should have motorcycle parking on the end of the building instead of out front.. My bathroom wasnt very clean there was an undetermined brown gunk on the shower door railing..I wore my flip flops in the shower. Overall my room wasnt that clean I did not walk barefoot on the carpet! The refrigerator in the room was VERY noisy and made it hard to sleep. I think they should put them in the bathroom or in some type of enclosure. The AC is noisy too.. Not a restful place at all!!! I am surprised this hotel is rated #1 in Knoxville if its number one I would hate to see number 10!

Room Tip: I wouldnt want the first floor due to the parking lot noise I could hear on the 3rd floor..The refri...
1  Thank Gina K

Dear Gina K,

Thank you for your review. Your feedback helps us know what we are doing right and where we need to improve. We make every attempt to ensure every guest is satisfied and I'm sorry that was not the case during your stay. At Hampton Inn, we do offer a 100% satisfaction Guarantee which I would be happy to assist you with if you would contact me about your stay.

865-689-1011
Joseph.Shelton@Hilton.com

Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel is why my wife and I are pretty loyal to Hampton. A great value all around. Clean, well maintained guest room and common-area facilities with tons of amenities. Breakfast was very good quality. I was especially impressed with the front desk service. The general manager did my check-in and was the model of hospitality. Example: they provide complimentary bottled water at check-in . . . I forgot to take the water and he chased me down in the parking lot to give them to me. When they nail the basics like this hotel does, those nice touches really seal the deal.

Highly recommend this hotel.

Hope this helps.

1  Thank HonkHonk

Dear HonkHonk,

Thank you for your kind review. In addition to myself, my General Manger also monitors our reviews, so I'm sure he is very appreciative of your kind comments about his service. I'm also glad you enjoyed the complimentary bottles of water.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Visited grand daughter, her husband and our three week old great grand son. Nice place to stay after long day of driving and visiting. The hotel was within walking distance of some restaurants. The room was large and well appointed. The nath was very clean also. It had a refrig. and a microwave which we did not need.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank johnjd53

Dear johnjd53,

Congratulations! I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit to meet your great grandson. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Thanks for a great stay. We used Knoxville as a stopping point on a long trip and we were able to rest to begin the next leg of our journey. The staff at the desk were very friendly and suggested places to dine when asked.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Jan K,

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Knoxville.

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed with this hotel. Super friendly staff on check in. Immaculate and very comfortable room. Good night's sleep. Wife. Decent breakfast. What really swung it was when I went for a swim in the morning. I misread the opening hours for the pool and went before breakfast. They politely told me it was closed. But then someone asked me my room number and 5 minutes later they said someone would clean the pool 2 hours early and it would be open in 20 minutes. Would that be okay? I should say so. They then let us check out late since we hadn't finished work. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. Thanks!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear GilesE,

I'm glad that we were able to let you use the pool early and to accommodate your late check out request. We attempt to meet all guest requests and I'm pleased that we were able to do so for you.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I always stay at Hampton's Inn Hotels, because of the fine amenities they have especially the fine free breakfast which is a big plus for me. this hotel is 6 years old and I will tell you what I had on two mornings steak and scrambled eggs sausage patties canadian bacon, cerals breads,juice,waffles and the best part the fresh arrangement of fruits. I will tell you about my room the AC was quiet you don't see that to much the thermostat was on wall to control unit, 32 LCD/LED TV great channel selection the beds were very comfortable, icebox and microwave oven in room.The room was very quiet except some children running up and down the hallway ( bad parenting) and one small problem the hot water valve in the shower went past the set point, needs a new shower valve cartridge, but it worked ok.So this is my review a very nice and clean hotel. I want to thank the General Manager and all departments especially the Maintenance and Housekeeping departments that keep this property in great shape. One more thing the front desk was very polite and nice helping me with directions to downtown Knoxville. Frank Covine

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Frank C,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad that you enjoyed our new and improved breakfast. Also, I've sent maintenance to fix the shower handle you mentioned. We look forward to seeing you again.