“Fantastic stay”

Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed with this hotel. Super friendly staff on check in. Immaculate and very comfortable room. Good night's sleep. Wife. Decent breakfast. What really swung it was when I went for a swim in the morning. I misread the opening hours for the pool and went before breakfast. They politely told me it was closed. But then someone asked me my room number and 5 minutes later they said someone would clean the pool 2 hours early and it would be open in 20 minutes. Would that be okay? I should say so. They then let us check out late since we hadn't finished work. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. Thanks!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Dear GilesE,

I'm glad that we were able to let you use the pool early and to accommodate your late check out request. We attempt to meet all guest requests and I'm pleased that we were able to do so for you.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I always stay at Hampton's Inn Hotels, because of the fine amenities they have especially the fine free breakfast which is a big plus for me. this hotel is 6 years old and I will tell you what I had on two mornings steak and scrambled eggs sausage patties canadian bacon, cerals breads,juice,waffles and the best part the fresh arrangement of fruits. I will tell you about my room the AC was quiet you don't see that to much the thermostat was on wall to control unit, 32 LCD/LED TV great channel selection the beds were very comfortable, icebox and microwave oven in room.The room was very quiet except some children running up and down the hallway ( bad parenting) and one small problem the hot water valve in the shower went past the set point, needs a new shower valve cartridge, but it worked ok.So this is my review a very nice and clean hotel. I want to thank the General Manager and all departments especially the Maintenance and Housekeeping departments that keep this property in great shape. One more thing the front desk was very polite and nice helping me with directions to downtown Knoxville. Frank Covine

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Frank C,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad that you enjoyed our new and improved breakfast. Also, I've sent maintenance to fix the shower handle you mentioned. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Knoxville North a year earlier returning from the beach. This year's stay did not disappoint us. The rooms are spacious and clean. The indoor pool is large with enough pool deck available to relax by the pool. The pool area was warm and somewhat loud, as is normal for an indoor pool. The breakfast is outstanding, with fresh fruit and hot items in addition to the standard items such as cereal, juice, etc.. The area reserved for eating is comfortable and spacious, with an overflow room available if needed. The price is very reasonable, especially considering the proximity to Knoxville.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear adventurer1234,

We are so happy to see you again. Thank you for leaving us another excellent review. I am also glad that you enjoyed our new breakfast items that we upgraded since your last review. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through town.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We booked this hotel on a last-minute basis and did not regret it. We were greeted by a friendly front desk staff. We were upgraded to a larger room at no additional cost. We were provided with information regarding a local restaurant. The breakfast room had hand sanitizer dispensers, it had a milk machine (the first one I've seen in a Hilton property), the food was hot and a nice variety, and the staff was attentive to the cleanliness of the eating area. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Janet L,

I'm glad that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade. We try to upgrade all of our Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors members whenever possible. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Knoxville.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We needed a hotel for an overnight stay and booked this Hampton Inn and Suites. Greeted warmly by desk personnel and given 4 bottles of water. Our room is perfect and the bathroom is large and has lots of counter space and storage. Would stay again!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pam J

Dear Pam J,

Thank you for your nice review. I'm glad that you enjoyed the complimentary waters. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel was clean, and accommodating. They provided a cot on demand and even left the pool open a little longer so mu kids could take a dip after a long hot day. The breakfast was nice. Not gourmet, but filling and adequate. I always enjoy staying at the Hampton and this was no exception. It would be nice if they offered some rooms for larger groups.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Annasgirl,

I'm glad that you were able to enjoy our indoor saltwater swimming pool. We attempt to accommodate guests whenever possible and I'm glad that we were able to make you stay a pleasant one.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband drove me up to the pigeon forge / gatlinburg area for the 27th - 29th we stayed at this hotel here in Knoxville away from the crowd 30 min drive .. which I reserved a week in advance .....a very refreshing stay... nice clean and comfront.... nice staff which puts safety of there guest first... Breakfast was awesome!! Large selection also....Trip advisor reviews were great and right on point....also our room 225 smelled very fresh and was spotless... the room felt clean which is a major plus... fresh cookies also await in the lobby nice touch. If visiting the area stay at the Knoxville hotel its worth the drive.....

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear pepsy678,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your breakfast and your entire stay with us. I appreciate that you would choose to travel out of your way when visiting Pigeon Forge just to stay with us and I'm happy that our service standards are so high to make this worthwhile. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.