“Hampton Succeeds in Providing Great Stay”

Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed January 17, 2014

If you are going to stay in or near Knoxville, this is the place to go. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in at a hotel. The staff was very outgoing and helpful. Breakfast was good. We'll be back.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Gary H,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Knoxville.

Front Desk Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,297)

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The best Hampton Inn we have EVER stayed at! It was clean, located close to the interstate. Updated. Had an elevator. Indoor access to the room. Breakfast was fresh, hot and delicious. The outside was well lit and secure. Even had an umbrella stand available (with umbrellas) available for customer use.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear BarbR 1952,

Thank you for posting a review for us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to help you with an umbrella to use. I look forward to seeing you the next time you travel through Knoxville.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on Jan 3 our way home from Naples Florida.Very friendly night staff and good breakfast! Beautiful rooms my husband forgot his ipad they called as soon as we check out and returned it to us promptly by over night mail! I thank them for a wonderful visit!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Dear Mary H,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to get your lost IPad returned to you promptly.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed here on 1/6 after driving through winter weather. We called ahead to make a reservation since many hotels were filling up due to deteriorating road conditions. We arrived late, but the front desk staff had everything ready to go for us, which was appreciated. The gentleman at the front desk was very courteous and professional and provided excellent service. The hotel quality was on par for a Hampton Inn--good value for the stay.

Dear Kiersten W,

I'm glad that you were able to stay with us during the recent storm. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you through Knoxville.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We arrived late at night traveling for approximately 12 hours by car from Florida. After stoping for dinner about 120 miles from Knoxville, we decided to look for a Hilton product hotel to spend the night since we were getting very tired. My previous bexperience with the HMPTON INNS and Hilton Gargens was excellent and that motivated us to look for either one of this type of hotel. We were very impressed with the cleaningless of the hotel and the cheary personnel greeting us. Even though the parking lot was full, we found a DIAMOND parking space waiting for us and that was great. Please keep up the good work in servicing the travelers because this is the best advertizing for our hotels.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear George B,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to make use of one of our Diamond member parking spaces. I look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Knoxville.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was a nice hotel. Nothing too outstanding about it. It's a good quality hotel. Has a pool-no whirlpool, but the pool was quite warm which was nice. Breakfast was really good. Nice selection of fresh fruit, buffet items, various yogurts. Open at 6 on a Saturday. This was great since we were leaving then to get an early start on a long drive. Room was fine. Heard noise in the hallway, but that's okay. One strange thing that I don't understand...I called the hotel for a room. Only room available was the king suite. I went on Priceline and was able to get a regular room. But no points? I don't know why I couldn't get the regular room when I called. Hmmm....

Dear Loonyteach,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Reviews like this one let us know what we are doing right and where we need to improve. I'm sorry that we were unable to book the room type that you wanted when you contacted us. I will address this issue with my staff. I am happy that you enjoyed our breakfast, though.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed in this hotel twice just after Christmas. Once on the way North and back South. Location and being clean was key. Not too close to the interstate that you hear trucks all night. The staff was nice and upgraded us the first stay at no charge based on room availability. Hotel has an indoor pool which was is great shape. Like most indoor pools the circulation was poor so the smell of chlorine was overwhelming in the short time we walked through to see. Breakfast was very nice. Eggs potatoes meat and numerous fruit cereal and other options including oatmeal. The lady that ran the breakfast during our stay was exceptionally nice. Here is the problem.... The construction the building is so poor regarding insulation to reduce noise. You can hear voices from people talking in the room next door and hall through walls and vents. Doors slam exceptionally hard so the constant noise is annoying. Not to mention the walking from the rooms above you and toilets flushing as the water makes it way down behind your wall. If you can sleep through anything or wear ear plugs this place is a Gem.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor between stairs and elevator. Either side of building ok as it is not...