“Very pleased!!!! Highly recommend :)”

Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North
Ranked #2 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Fort Worth, Texas
“Very pleased!!!! Highly recommend :)”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We picked this hotel based on the reviews on trip advisor and we couldn't have been happier with our choice!! Lindsay at the front desk went above and beyond to make our trip a pleasurable one!!! She upgraded us to a really great room at no charge and it's very rare that you find someone so nice and helpful in customer service anymore! She took pictures of my kids with the giant stuffed bear and even emailed the pictures to us!!!! I'm very particular in general, because I like things a certain way. And we were very happy with our choice and will definitely stay here again!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!! :)

• Stayed December 2013
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear WalkerandWaverlysMom,

Thank you for leaving a review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your room upgrade and seeing our Bear In A Chair. I look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Knoxville.

Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I had to drive from Ormond Beach, Fl. To the Detroit area to visit my terminally ill sister. We were emotional and tired so decided to stay over night and chose the Hampton North. As soon as we walked in, it was almost like getting the hugs we needed. Customer service is outstanding. Immaculate inside and out. Free breakfast that includes everything you could want. And a very nice gym to wear off the calories from the delicious breakfast!

On our return home, it was a no brainer to stay there again. We made a reservation and when we arrived, much to our delight, were upgraded to a suite. We almost stayed another night because it was so comfortable.

If you are ever in that area, I highly recommend the Hampton Inn North!

And the bed and pillows are amazing!

Room Tip: I'm sure every room is nice
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Ginger W,

Thank you for your kind review. I realize travelling to visit a sick relative can be very upsetting and I'm glad that our staff could make this troubling time a little easier on you. We hope to see you again soon under better circumstances.

With condolences,

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Hotel was clean, great value, and wonderful staff. Would definitely stay here again. The location leaves a bit to be desired, but I can get over that for the value. Great place to visit whil estaying in/going through Knoxville.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Ron C,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Knoxville.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We always try to stay at Hampton so we saw this one was convenient to the interstate we were traveling and decided to stay here. It was not a good choice. Seems they have a problem with their dog policy. The hotel should really review it's pet policy. Seems they don't allow dogs in the hotel (which I think is great) so people who stay here that are traveling with dogs want to leave their dogs in their car. While I guess it's the pet owners choice to do that even in freezing weather, at least the hotel should insist that they park their car far out in the lot. My wife was woken out of a sound sleep by some inconsiderate person who decided to take his big huge dog out of his car late at night to do it's business. His car was parked right outside our 1st floor room and he tied his big huge dog to the Honors parking sign post right outside our window. So then the big huge dog proceeded to bark very loudly which jared my wife right out of bed. After that he walked it around and then put it back in the car. I called the front desk and was told there was nothing they could do about it. The temperature was in the 20's so the desk man should have done something. The rest of the night we barely slept thinking about the dog in the cold. On top of that, just when we thought we could sleep in we were woken up about 8:00 by the maid talking loudly to someone out in the hall right outside our door.

Other that that the room was large, nice and clean with a fresh duvet cover. The breakfast area was also nice, well attended and had a very nice variety of breakfast items to eat. So if you decide to stay here ask for a room on the back side that doesn't get cleaned early.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Richard F
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Richard F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I’m sorry that your stay was unpleasant. I would like to take the time to explain our pet policy. It is not our policy to allow pets at our hotel or to allow people to leave their pets in their vehicle while at our hotel. We will turn them away if we are aware of their intent to do so. If someone chooses to do this without our knowledge or consent, we will ask the guest to check out upon discovery. We are very sorry that your wife was disturbed. We are animal lovers too, and we do not condone leaving an animal unattended overnight in a vehicle under any conditions. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at the hotel.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My family and i wanted to start a new and relaxing tradition for Christmas morning. After staying at this location several times over the past years, there was no question where we would stay. Melanie Loveday and her devoted staff are simply amazing. They go above and beyond personal service to assure your stay is a custom fit to any situation. My wife and I have a 7mo daughter and 9 yr old son, we were treated as if we had arrived and departed our own families home... without any drama. Thanks again Melanie, We will be back. Merry Christmas. P.S. Mr Bear in a Chair is a must see for the kids and kid at heart.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Robert K,

Thank you for posting such a nice review. I'll be sure to pass your regards on to Melanie. I'm glad we had the opportunity to make your Christmas such a memorable experience and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Knoxville.

Knoxville, United States
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Service and staff were above standard and very helpful. Since I was new to the area they gave me directions to stores etc. Additionally the front desk had drinks etc. for sale which prevented having to leave the premise.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Rick B,

Thank you for your kind review. I realize that travelling for a funeral can be very upsetting and I am glad that our staff was able to make this troubled time a little easier for you and your family. We hope to see you again soon under better circumstances.

With condolences,

Big Canoe, Georgia
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Been here numerous times in the past and continue to come back because of friendly staff, comfortable rooms, quiet location, restaurant opportunities and fair price. Conditions in the room were as expected -- clean comfortable beds, microwave, refrigerator and television with great assortment of channels from which to select. While room was clean, it is obvious some travelers have not taken good care of the furnishings as some wear and tear was noticed. Within a few years some furniture upgrades will be necessary. One item we had never noticed before was the handicap lift in the pool. What a great item for travelers who have such a need. So if you're traveling through Knoxville we continue to recommend this location. Always a nice place for so many reasons!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Emily H,

Thank you for your many kinds reviews. It's not often we get to see how our customer service affects a guest time after time. I'm very happy that you find that we are offering a consistent level of service and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us.