“Very Pleased”

MainStay Suites Knoxville
Ranked #30 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was very pleased with our stay of 4 nights at the Mainstay Suites. It was clean and comfortable. Close to the highway and was about a 7 min. trip to the University of Tennessee. The breakfast could have gone a bit longer since I had a teen with me. But I just grabbed something for her and heated it up in the microwave. The workout equipment was fair but good enough. At least I did something. Staff was accommodating since I always needed extra towels. Nice visit, would highly recommend/

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
MainstaySuitesTN565, Manager at MainStay Suites Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Thank you for your review. Our breakfast hours do run from 6am-9am, 7 days a week. We do apologize if this was not convenient for your family and will look into your suggestion to extend those hours.
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I've stayed here before and have always found it to be a good value and I have always received good service. On my most recent visit last week, I found the hotel with the same furnishings as when I began staying there almost five years ago. The furnishings are starting to show age and the rooms could use some renovation. However, the room and linens were extraordinarily clean. The room was quiet and I had a great night's sleep. This time, I received IMPECCABLE SERVICE from the hotel staff. Talk about going the extra mile for anything that I needed! That is just what they did. The person on duty on Wednesday afternoon/evening, May 14, 2014 could write a book on service. She deserves employee of the month.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and once again found our service to be above all. We strive to offer each and every guest the best possible service and it is always nice to hear that our staff is doing just that.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

The staff was very friendly, but the hotel is showing it's age. The elevator got stuck and would not operate 2 different times and the AC unit was obnoxiously loud. Pillows seemed to be rationed and staff had to go to the "basement" to look for an additional pillow after we were told the hotel was out of extra pillows (but they found several for us?). We did not eat breakfast, so no comments to that.
I think this is the last time I will book a hotel in advance to save a few bucks. The pictures look decent on the site, but the feeling is different when you arrive. I should have paid the extra $20 to stay further down the road in Knoxville in a better hotel.
One last comment is to avoid the floor with the full kitchen if possible. We were "upgraded" to a room with a full kitchen (why, I don't know - we only stayed one night). Another family was cooking and while I am sure their meal was nice, the smell was not something that neither my wife or I wanted to experience. We ended up using a towel to help seal the bottom of the door to minimize the smell into our room.

Room Tip: Avoid floors with rooms that have full kitchens. Food smells from other people cooking in their roo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MainstaySuitesTN565, Manager at MainStay Suites Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Unfortunately we were experiencing difficulties with our elevator but this has now been resolved. We did want to bring to your attention that here at Mainstay Suites all rooms do feature a fully equipped kitchen as we are an extended stay property.
Again we apologize and hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another opportunity to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We had a wonderful time at Mainstay Suites Knoxville! The rooms were just like they look on the website, the breakfast was plentiful, and the staff was top notch! Miss Carol was so nice and took care of our every need! We even asked for a couple special things and the staff made them happen without a blink or hesitation! The rooms are larger than the usual hotel room and it made the room so comfortable. The full size fridge was AWESOME!! Price was incredible! The best hotel value we've had in years! When we return to Knoxville, we will stay here!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
MainstaySuitesTN565, Manager at MainStay Suites Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you for your 5 star review. We are glad to see you enjoyed the amazing space our rooms have to offer. Your positive comments are greatly appreciated. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

The rooms were great! Lovely, clean and modern. I was really impressed with everything in the room, especially for the price! TV, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, hotplates and a toaster! Great value, I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your positive comments. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found it to be a great value.
We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

The staff was great especially Jeannie and India. The breakfast was very good. Although I don't go to Knoxville often (I was there for college graduation), I would definitely stay at MainStay Suites again.

2  Thank Susan S

We thank you for your positive comments and so are pleased to hear you found your stay to be very enjoyable. Congratulations to your new graduate and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Our first time at a MainStay hotel. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The kitchen facilities a nice bonus. Location was perfect - right off the interstate (but quiet) - walk to restaurants. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Virginia W
MainstaySuitesTN565, Manager at MainStay Suites Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!