“Second home”
Review of MainStay Suites

MainStay Suites
Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed April 29, 2013

It's always great to know that when I am on the road, I can look forward to a consistently clean and ready room. Haven't had an issue with service for the past two years I have been staying here. An extra bonus is the way they get pizzas on Tuesday nights for their guests. No hotel is perfect but it's hard to find anything to criticize about them. Breakfast is good and no issues with the linen, water, wifi or beds. Only downside for me is that they can fill up quickly so you need to reserve a room. Great job to the staff and thanks for the needed rest and service

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We always stay at the Merchants Dr, Knoxville Mainstay Suites on our travel back and forth to our homes in Ohio and Florida. It is an excellant place to stay. Very clean and the staff is always very professional and helpful. Especially India Dailey! She even recognizes my voice when I call. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jeff d
MainstaySuitesTN565, Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us once again. We also thank you for acknowledging our employee for her hard work and we will certainly give her credit for it.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The location was good. It was a spacious room with kitchen. It had a very strange odor (almost like it had been smoked in and they were trying to cover it). The tv and the remote did not work properly. The front desk girl was nice & smiling but could use some training. The cleanliness of this hotel was embarrassing. The entry, breakfast area, dining area, and elevator was very dirty. Clumps of dirt or food all over the floor, tables were dirty, cobwebs hanging from the ceiling, elevator had smashed food in it(for several hours after staff was notified). The breakfast selection was very poor! Overall, I was disappointed and I do not plan on staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
MainstaySuitesTN565, Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We strongly apologize that your stay was not what you expected it to be. Although we were very busy on the morning of your checkout it is still not acceptable that our staff allowed the lobby to be in the condition you found it in. We will address these issues with our staff immediately and take any necessary actions to improve. We hope that we have the opportunity to provide you with better accommodations the next time you visit Knoxville.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here on our way back home after Easter - One of the few hotels available for 200 miles... It was a pleasant surprise. Clean room, Comfortable bed, OK breakfast with some hot items. I would stay here again. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very spacious rooms with a full kitchen. Close to many restaraunts. Very clean and the best staff. They are all so helpful and friendly. I have now become a loyal guest. The front desk girls, especially the weekend girls always have a smile on their face. That makes a great stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay @ Mainstay it was in a great location, the price was right & really enjoyed having some kitchen stuff! I do have too say the towels are needing replacing & the cleaning could have been better - looks like its a quick job no extra's done ( corners not cleaned in bathroom, greasy side of fridge)

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The room that I stayed in was comfortable, but needed a little more cleaning. It smelled kind of stale. I opened the door to the balcony, and the fresh air was wonderful. Cleared up the smell. My room was on the 2nd floor so I mostly used the stairs going up and down (my exercise) rather than the elevator. Very good staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business