“Perfect hotel for those traveling with pets”

Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains
Ranked #31 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Georgia
“Perfect hotel for those traveling with pets”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

We needed a hotel close to the interstate that was appropriate for young children and pets, and found this Holiday Inn Express. It was a wonderful hotel, offered at a very reasonable rate. They welcome travelers with pets (even have dog bones out in the lobby) and had a nice-looking, clean crib already set up for us in our room. Because we had a crib, I think they gave us a slightly larger room, which worked out really well. The room itself was very nice, and had an extremely comfortable bed and lovely bathroom. We could not have asked for anything better.
My only complaint was the breakfast. It was very basic, and honestly, not that appetizing. They offered cereal, but were totally out of milk. The OJ had run out, and the fruit was bruised.
But, overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
skowhegan maine
Reviewed December 17, 2010

this was a hidden gem ...front desk was very professional and helpful ...rooms were wonderful and clean and new ...beds were great!!! great outside holiday decorations ...warm and welcoming ..it is obvious that they take pride in their property

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Detroit, MI
Reviewed October 25, 2010

This five year old hotel looks brand spanking new. Lovely seasonal display outside the main door. Desk help incredibly friendly, efficient and helpful. Room was fantastic, breakfast lady was very nice. Great place to stop for the night or longer.
It is also pet friendly we found out.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
SC
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Most of the Holiday Inn Express are similiar. Have used them in several cities. Good location to the interstate, and cannot hear traffic. Only minor issue cannot get my VPN to link to their system. Will not be doing any work tonight. First time this has happened. But do have free internet in room. Free cookies and coffee at front desk.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Stayed here for one night on a business trip. Location is good, but hotel is certainly older. The hotel is pet friendly, and my room smelled like a dog. I have nothing against pets, but I would rather have a room that is not used for pets if I am traveling alone.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Old Hickory, Tennessee
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Good Hotel. The staff was professional and sincere. I had a mishap with the room and they took care of it quickly. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Somewhere in Florida
Reviewed June 27, 2010

After we checked into our room we noticed something was wrong with the tv. After calling the front desk, they immediately sent someone up to look at it. Maintenance was gone for the day and they didn't know what was wrong with the tv so they offered us the room next to ours after they made sure that tv was working. The maid, Donna, I think her name was, was very helpful, she kept both doors open while I moved my few things over and went to the front desk herself to pick up the new keys for me. She was very happy and willing to help. I later dropped my old keys at the front desk. I can't remember the name of the gentleman working there but he apologized for the tv and told me he was giving me a lower rate. The staff was friendly and quick to help. They went above and beyond in fixing a problem. The woman in the kitchen the next morning was very friendly and the food was great! The hotel was clean. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel could've used a hot tub and the pool wasn't heated but the kids had a great time in it! If I ever pass through there again I will stay and have already recommended it to my friends.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
innovativehotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you had such a great stay with us, and that you have recommended us to your friends! I wanted to take this opportunity again to apologize for the issue with your TV in the first room that you occupied. I'm glad that our staff was quick to react and make things right for you so that you and your family could enjoy your stay. If you're ever back in the area, please stay with us again here at the Holiday Inn Express Knoxville / Strawberry Plains.