Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains
Ranked #31 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
ATLANTA
“Thumbs up”
Reviewed September 14, 2007

I agree with the other reviewers this is a very nice property. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are nice and the beds comfortable. One nice feature is they have two computers in the business center which means you don't have to keep waiting for someone to get off of the computer. The only downside was the door from the indoor pool to the outside was broken and closed off. I'm sure that was just a temporary situation. Overall, I was very satisfied with my five day stay.

• Stayed August 2007
2 Thank USGOVAGENT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
North Carolina
Reviewed September 7, 2007

Fantastic hotel - great factility, nice staff and fantastic Puleos restaurant up the street.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank golforharley
Springville, Alabama
Reviewed August 23, 2007

This was a nice hotel overall. I'd give it 4 1/2 if I could. The hotel was right off I-40 which made getting to very easy. This was just a stop over for us to another location. We arrived late around 23:00 and the staff was super friendly. Since I am part of the Priority Club I stood at the front desk for no longer than 45 seconds since everything was ready when I walked in. Of course I called 3 hours earlier letting them know we would be late arriving. The parking lot is small so if it's a crowded night it might be difficult to find a parking spot. The room was clean but very basic. It did have an internet station and also came with a refrigerator and microwave. It served it's purpose for an overnight stay but I would have been unhappy if I had to stay there for more than 1 day. The reason is the bed was VERY firm and the pillows were half the size of a standard pillow. The complimentary breakfast was what you'd normally expect from a continental breakfast. Overall this is a very nice and clean hotel. Would I stay here again? It depends, if any of the other hotels in the area were as nice then I might check them out next just for the comfort of the bed.

• Liked — Clean and easy access
  • Disliked — The bed was way to firm for me and my wife.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Craig B
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed August 20, 2007

What a great hotel! Brand spankin' new (or certainly looked that way) and top notch in every way that a Holiday Inn Express should be! Clean, comfortable, quiet, with an attentive staff.

Stay here! It's not directly off of 1-75, nor is it located downtown, but if those two things aren't mega-important to you than this is your hotel! Awesome!!

• Liked — The cleanliness and newness of everything!
  • Disliked — It's a little bit of a drive to get dowtown.
  • Stayed August 2007
1 Thank roadtripper_fl
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed April 23, 2007

We stayed at this hotel during spring break on our way home from Nashville. It was very nice and clean. Comfortable beds. It is about 10 minutes from campus. There are several restaurants nearby. We have already booked this hotel for the fall for some of the UT games. Our daugher will be a freshman in the marching band and we are planning on several visits.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank terpfan1
Centerville, OH
Reviewed January 4, 2007

Just drove through Atlanta on the way home to ohio, almost got squished by a truck and had 3 fighting kids in the car---by the time I got here, ANYTHING would have been great. WHAT A WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL HOTEL. I am so impressed with Holiday Inn Express and wish that regular Holiday Inns would update as well. I felt like I was in a luxury palace and really wished I could stay longer than the next morning! I booked this room that morning from a Holiday Inn in columbus Ga (see my review of THAT one!) and got a corner room that seemed huge--paid about $125 ish or less.
I got a little care package at check in of water, and crackers and cookies. This location is right behind a BP station, so I was able to get cold medicine for the kids and fill up the next morning without hassle. The buffet did not have scrambled eggs or bacon (I think the one in Calhoun GA did, but I may be mistaken) But it offered very fresh goodies and coffee in the lobby for breakfast, and also had coffee in the room. The ladies at the desk were very friendly. I highly recommend this stop--especially from Dayton to Atlanta--just the right distance for a single driver.

• Liked — beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, great breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — only stay at holiday inn express--luxuryfor regular price
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
5 Thank Krissymom
York
Reviewed November 10, 2006

We stayed here during our coast-to-coast drive across the US. This was a very nice and obviously quite new Holiday Inn Express – one of the best of the whole trip. The room was spotless and nicely furnished with a very comfortable bed. The wireless internet was free, but a little slow. They have a nice little shop by the front desk selling all kinds of snacks etc. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2006