“Clean with nice pool”

Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains
Ranked #35 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Travelling North we had originally booked another Holiday Inn just of I 75 but checking in found it to be old, under renovations and the room stank. We cancelled that one and took a chance and went out of our way to check out the Holiday Inn Express off Hwy 40 and were delighted. The room was fresh, clean and inviting. The staff were very welcoming and understood our concerns when we asked to check the room first before actually checking in. We will never hesitate to stay here again. Breakfast was excellent including hot selections and the indoor pool was nice and warm. They are also pet friendly so no worries for our toy poodle.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

We are glad to read how much you and your dog enjoyed your room here at the Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains. Thank you for such a nice review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

After driving all day I was looking for a clean, comfortable, quiet and reasonably priced room for resting before another day of driving. I was able to get a military discount and a very comfortable, quiet room. The hotel I checked across the street was 33% higher in price so I came here. Lots of pillows on the queen size bed. Inside pool all well kept and clean, I did not go swimming but it looked very nice and inviting. Location was just off the interstate in Strawberry Plains and outside of the very big city Knoxville, TN. Although they do not have a restaurant the nice free breakfast spread set up by the hotel the next morning was awesome. Good restaurant across the street call Audrey's, along with all of the quick burger joints. So off I went, rested, happy, belly full and coffee in hand for the trip. You could not ask for more out of a hotel. Thank you

Room Tip: I like to get a ground floor room because I can keep an eye on my vehicle.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank nstokes1
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for such a nice review of our hotel the Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains. We are happy you went on your way so satisfied. Please return again on your next trip our way.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on the way to myrtle beach and on the way home. Staff was friendly and rooms were clean and big. The breakfast was awesome and there was a lot to choose from eggs, pancakes, and more. I stayed with my wife and three kids. We will stay again.
Pool was heated and my kids loved it. They were more impressed with the breakfast and the choices.

Stayed: April 2014
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

We are happy to read you think our breakfast is awesome and you enjoyed our hotel the Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains. Thank you for such a nice review and we hope to be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was good and we slept well. It's easily accessible to the highway. The pool area was small but the kids had fun. We will recommend this hotel to family as we have family in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains. Thank you for such a nice review and for your business. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed here 1/30/2014 and left behind a "noise maker" worth $50.00 behind in the room. When I realized that I had left the item (the same day) I called the hotel and inquired about it. I was told that nothing had been turned in, I told them I was positive it was there and after they rechecked, it was found! I requested they mail to me and was told it would cost 25.00 to send it by a UPS service. I told them that while I thought this outrageous to go ahead and send it. Today (3 days later) I received a call from the UPS service who said it was 25.00 PLUS the cost to mail it to me! I have never had a hotel "hold me up" in this manner of returning my rightful property. Also, we had a terrible time that night with the heat. Cold air was coming out of the heater and we could not stop it or turn it up. We had to call the front desk and they "overrode" it and we got some heat, but they are obviously not concerned with travelers being warm. I would not stay here again and will probably not stay at any other Holiday INN Express because I fear this is a blanket policy. A reasonable cost to return my rightful property and simple basic heat is what I expected and did not receive.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PCWhite9178
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our family stayed here last week with our two small dogs. Location is great just off of I-40 east of Knoxville. Plenty to do in the area, Dollywood and Great Smoky Mtn Natl Park nearby. Also many restaurant options nearby. Room was clean and comfortable. There was a $30 dollar non-refundable pet fee.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ron F
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

We are happy to read you think we are a great place to go with your pets and you enjoyed our area while you were here at the Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains. Thank you for such a nice review and for your business. We hope to be able to see you again on your next trip our way.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

My Wife and I have stayed here several times on our trips from Northern Virginia to Alabama and Georgia. It's one of the few "better" pet-friendly hotels between Birmingham, Al and Roanoke,Va. The hotel is right off the interstate with several restaurants near by. The room/bathroom are always clean. The bathrooms have all the toiletries needed and towels are thick and of good quality. The breakfast is great...especially the sausage gravy with biscuits and scrambled eggs. The staff are always friendly and helpful. If you have pets and are in the area i would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

We are happy to hear from our return guests here at the Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains. We are also happy to know your think we are one of the few "better" pet-friendly hotels between Birmingham, Al and Roanoke, Va. Thank you for all your kind words and we look forward to your next visit.