“They are not interested in customer service....and they control the heat...”

Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains
Ranked #33 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed here 1/30/2014 and left behind a "noise maker" worth $50.00 behind in the room. When I realized that I had left the item (the same day) I called the hotel and inquired about it. I was told that nothing had been turned in, I told them I was positive it was there and after they rechecked, it was found! I requested they mail to me and was told it would cost 25.00 to send it by a UPS service. I told them that while I thought this outrageous to go ahead and send it. Today (3 days later) I received a call from the UPS service who said it was 25.00 PLUS the cost to mail it to me! I have never had a hotel "hold me up" in this manner of returning my rightful property. Also, we had a terrible time that night with the heat. Cold air was coming out of the heater and we could not stop it or turn it up. We had to call the front desk and they "overrode" it and we got some heat, but they are obviously not concerned with travelers being warm. I would not stay here again and will probably not stay at any other Holiday INN Express because I fear this is a blanket policy. A reasonable cost to return my rightful property and simple basic heat is what I expected and did not receive.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PCWhite9178
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our family stayed here last week with our two small dogs. Location is great just off of I-40 east of Knoxville. Plenty to do in the area, Dollywood and Great Smoky Mtn Natl Park nearby. Also many restaurant options nearby. Room was clean and comfortable. There was a $30 dollar non-refundable pet fee.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ron F
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

We are happy to read you think we are a great place to go with your pets and you enjoyed our area while you were here at the Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains. Thank you for such a nice review and for your business. We hope to be able to see you again on your next trip our way.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

My Wife and I have stayed here several times on our trips from Northern Virginia to Alabama and Georgia. It's one of the few "better" pet-friendly hotels between Birmingham, Al and Roanoke,Va. The hotel is right off the interstate with several restaurants near by. The room/bathroom are always clean. The bathrooms have all the toiletries needed and towels are thick and of good quality. The breakfast is great...especially the sausage gravy with biscuits and scrambled eggs. The staff are always friendly and helpful. If you have pets and are in the area i would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

We are happy to hear from our return guests here at the Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains. We are also happy to know your think we are one of the few "better" pet-friendly hotels between Birmingham, Al and Roanoke, Va. Thank you for all your kind words and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

My husband and I stay at this hotel on our way to North Carolina 3-4 times a year. The last time I wrote a review, I reported the over-use of Febreeze-in my opinion. I stated that I wouldn't stop staying there because of that and I'm glad we didnt. We travel with our cocker spaniel buddy and they are so welcoming to our boy. The rooms are clean and have everything you need. This is my go-to place in Knoxville-they are accomodating and priced right. Thanks, Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

We are happy to read you enjoy your stays here at the Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, you and your cocker spaniel Buddy. Thank you for your business and for being a return guest. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

My job requires travel for myself, my Boss the Assistant Commissioner for the TN Dept of Veterans Affairs, and the Commissioner for the Dept. of Veterans Affairs PLUS the Supervisors of all of East TN offices. I'm not familiar with the Knoxville, Tn. area. I was searching the web, calling different hotels-I'm so thankful I called this Holiday Inn facility. I was sent correspondence that covered all questions & concerns for my stay and the stay of the Executives. The location is perfect, on the East side of Knoxville and extremely easy to find (exit#398 off I-40 turn North go straight for 2-3 blocks); complimentary breakfast is fresh, hot & complete (not just muffins) rooms are kept immaculate and the personnel are always pleasant and willing to assist for any request. This is now the only hotel in Knoxville, Tn I make reservations for our Division of Veterans Affairs.

Room Tip: I have personally stayed in this hotel several times, I don't request a specific room because al...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you for being a return guest to our hotel the Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains. We are happy you all had a pleasant stay here and would like to thank you for your business. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Our family had a room to share the first night of our stay, then added an additional room for the remaining 4 nights for our adult daughter. We were told that we would have to all move out of the first room to get 2 completely new rooms for the second night, but after taking a bit of time to look, the patient desk clerk found us a room so we would not need to move out for the second night. The staff of the hotel were all friendly, rooms were clean & beds comfortable, nice TVs & Internet worked well. There were plenty of restaurant choices near the hotel & the hotel is close to the interstate. The breakfast is the typical HIE food.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

We are glad you and your family had a good experience here at the Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains for the 5 days you were with us. Thank you for your nice review and for your business. We hope you will be able to join us again soon.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Context: Traveling with our big foxhound on our first long road trip with the dog. We got to this hotel after 10 hours on the road (very trying).

The Good: Very friendly front desk staff. Clean lobby. Easy access location. A little dog run in the back. No fee for having the dog. The price is right.

The "Plain": I'm sure having a dog limits which rooms they would put us in. We got first floor corner "accessible" room, which was big, non-descript and equipped with the odd shower ("accessible", I get it!). It was, however, easy in/easy out. Decor is bland but what I expect from a hotel in the H.I. Express hotel class.

The bad: Somebody used a toaster or something in the common dining area later in the evening & set off the fire alarm. We were evacuated for about 20 minutes. No Starbucks on that side of Knoxville! ;(

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

We are very happy we were able to provide you and your foxhound with a good room and run. Thank you for your review of our hotel and we hope the rest of your trip with your new dog went well. We hope you will be able to stay with us again in the near future.