I stayed here 1/30/2014 and left behind a "noise maker" worth $50.00 behind in the room. When I realized that I had left the item (the same day) I called the hotel and inquired about it. I was told that nothing had been turned in, I told them I was positive it was there and after they rechecked, it was found! I requested they mail to me and was told it would cost 25.00 to send it by a UPS service. I told them that while I thought this outrageous to go ahead and send it. Today (3 days later) I received a call from the UPS service who said it was 25.00 PLUS the cost to mail it to me! I have never had a hotel "hold me up" in this manner of returning my rightful property. Also, we had a terrible time that night with the heat. Cold air was coming out of the heater and we could not stop it or turn it up. We had to call the front desk and they "overrode" it and we got some heat, but they are obviously not concerned with travelers being warm. I would not stay here again and will probably not stay at any other Holiday INN Express because I fear this is a blanket policy. A reasonable cost to return my rightful property and simple basic heat is what I expected and did not receive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express-Knoxville East, Strawberry Plains.The perfect blend of friendly meets functional and corporate meets comfort at this Knoxville hotel.Whether you need to be near the University of TN for every Volunteer Football game; in the Great Smoky Mountains for hiking, biking and a trip to Dollywood; or near the Forks of the River Industrial Park for a busy work week; the Holiday Inn Express-Knoxville East will keep you close and convenient without being in the crowded city. Our location off I-40, Exit 398, will also give you easy access to all the attractions in Gatlinburg, the car shows in Pigeon Forge, and give you a direct route to all the Nascar races in Bristol that you can handle.We know you will 'Stay Smart' while using our 24 hour fitness center and the heated, indoor pool. You may also choose to relax with a cinnamon roll, omlet, & bacon in our comfy hospitality room for our 'Stay Smart Express Breakfast', or catch up on some work in our 24 hour business center with our FREE wired & wireless HSIA. The Holiday Inn Express-Knoxville East also offers fine dining nearby at the Outback Steakhouse, Puleo's Grille & Ruby Tuesday's. Remember, your pet is also welcome at our Knoxville hotel.This Knoxville hotel has the best to offer for location, comfort, and convenience for your business, family, & fun all year long. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains Hotel Knoxville
- Knoxville Holiday Inn Express