Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains
$149
$139
  • Restaurant
$90
Comfort Suites North(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
$90
$71
$138
$124
$127
$119
$99
$92
Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
$99
$84
Hotels.com
$123
$107
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleangreat hotelsafe areabooked this hotelfirst floorlong drivebusiness centerstay there againchecking infree breakfastbiscuitspetinterstatelobbyexitpillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We started out with a reservation at the Comfort Suites at this exit. (we relied on the reviews) The hotel was not what we expected so we quickly checked out of it and RAN across the street to the Holiday Inn Express. We could not have seen Night and Day any clearer. Thank you Holiday Inn Express for having a room available for us at the last minute. Your staff was truly a life saver. -- Puleos is a great restaurant, we enjoyed dinner, but head back over to the Holiday Inn Express when youre done.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

I am so glad we were able to get you your room at the last minute and it is nice to hear our staff was of great help to you. I hope you will be able stay with us again soon. Thank you for your great review.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed just one night in a standard king room. Check in was quick and easy. Front desk lady was very sweet and polite. I loved the paint, furniture and large flat screen TV. Bed, not so much. Too firm for me, but others like a firm bed. There was a negative though, kindof a small one. Out of all of the things that couldve been, it wasnt horrible...just not good. I was waiting to get on the elevator around 8 in the morning to go down for coffee. A lady was standing next to me talking on the phone. Since I was already having to listen to her conversation, I didnt really want to make eye contact. Then I noticed she worked there. I looked at her nametag and saw that she was head housekeeper. I work in the hospitality industry. You dont talk on the phone in front of guests, they dont need to hear about your personel stuff. When the door opened, she walked right in front of me. She cut me off to get on. Rude. I'm guessing this lady does NOT lead by example. Other than that, I had no other contact with the staff. I asked and was given a late check out, which was much appreciated. Nice location off the interstate. We would definitely stay again if we ever had to be in that area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our housekeeping department and have been addressed. We would also like to thank you for all the nice things you mentioned about our hotel and hope we will be able to host you on your next visit to our area. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Fantastic location. Convenient to Gatlinburg and Knoxville. Very quiet. Indoor pool is great. We arrived early in the evening and were able to enjoy the pool all to ourselves, loved the opportunity to have a relaxing evening. Small area off the lobby has a big TV and comfy couches for guests. Hotel staff very casual and professional. You will feel very welcome.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

We love to make our guests feel "welcome" here at the Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains. Thank you so much for your nice review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Well lets see, where do I start? I stayed here a few nights ago due to bad weather in the area and I must say that I was disappointed. We are priority club members (not that it matters at this hotel) Upon arrival I was not greeted by the front desk. It was clear that he wanted to be somewhere other than at work. I was quoted a price, checked in and given my keys. I did not receive any extras for my PC, no bottle of water, snack or goody bag that I am use to getting, not even a "have a good stay" so up to my room I went. Elevator is super slow, room was decent size and the bedding was clean which is more than I can say for the rest of the room. Dust everywhere...in the bathroom there were small little hairs all over one side of the sink. (looked like shavings from an electric razor) Housekeeping REALLY needs to be retrained. There is an exerise room, indoor pool and free breakfast but I did not use any of these features. I did use the business center to read the online news which worked fine.
The best part of the whole stay was the bed. It was clean and comfy so I did get a good nite sleep. Stopped at the front desk to check out the next morning and it was left unattended for several minutes. Finally, a housekeeper came around the corner and said I could just leave the keys on the counter.
I will not recommend and most likely will not stay again. There are several other hotels at this exit and I will try one of them next time. I just like to use HIE to earn reward points.

pros- bed

cons-everything else but mostly staff and housekeeping

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. I always utilize feedback like yours for staff training purposes and will make certain our team understands that such treatment of guests will not be tolerated! Please know your comments are taken very seriously and will be acted upon immediately.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a great facility in a great location. My husband, cocker spaniel and I have stayed here around 10 times on our trips to North Carolina. The rooms are clean and well appointed with comfortable beds. They ARE pet friendly, they don't just say they are. It is very clean and quiet and the breakfast is very good.
The only negative is the over-use lately of room freshener. The rooms reek of a Febreeze type smell, and if it gives me a headache, my dog must really hate it. I am unsure if they are doing that to cover up pet smells or if the management thinks it smells good, but i wish they would use less..That said, I do think this is a good hotel and will remain our headquarters on our way to North Carolina.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

 We always enjoy hearing from our return guests! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review.