“Excellent....”
Review of RouXbarb - CLOSED

RouXbarb
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chef Bruce Bogartz has won Best Chef in Knoxville's Metro Pulse reader surveys for an unparalleled 6 years in a row for a reason. Come find out why we're one of the 100 Places to Eat in the South Before You Die, according to The Southern Foodie!
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I have visited several times and we really like the food and the staff. Bruce has done excellent in his selection of food and small plates.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was my second trip to Rouxbarb and after an excellent first experience I was expecting something very similar. Unfortunately, this meal did not live up to expectations. The NY strip steak I ordered was actually pretty tough, which for a $34 steak is not okay. The gumbo was very good and had the flair of a nice smokey taste to it with lots of pulled pork. The "garbage salad" was okay but nothing outstanding. Not sure I will try it again.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have been to this place now our third time. GREAT FOOD. Great service. The menu does change & the specials are sometimes unique. We are originally from Buffalo, NY & the restuarants there are not chain restauarants. Each one is unique which is hard to find that type of restauarant in East TN. So this is a welcome change to chains & the food is made to perfection & with pride. Don't let the exterior fool you. It is our favorite restuarant. Chef Bruce is very personable & hostess Glow is sweet.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have ate at this restaurant several times and every time it is nothing but WONDERFUL! I can't say this enough about this restaurant. I believe this should be #1 restaurant in Knoxville, it is unbelievable! All of their food is delicious, servers are great, and I love that its BYOB because it saves you some money to bring your own wine or 6 pack in! DEFINITELY visit this restaurant, it is top 5 in Knoxville, TN!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Left message (as far as I know, the only way to contact them) on a Thursday attempting to make a reservation for the following Wednesday. After patiently awaiting a response for 4 days, I call back Sunday to see what's up. Owner answers, "yeah, we're pretty booked Wednesday, but call back in an hour and talk to my reservationist". Reservationist, an hour later, rather brusquely, "we're totally booked Wednesday".

A simple, "sorry we didn't get back to you" from either of them might have kept me in the game, but they made it clear they don't need my business. Such a shame....the food is quite tasty.

If you do go, steer clear of live music nights. The bistro atmosphere is loud enough without pedestrian jazzbos in the corner.

3  Thank Chris H