“Absolutely AMAZING”
Review of RouXbarb - CLOSED

RouXbarb
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Chef Bruce Bogartz has won Best Chef in Knoxville's Metro Pulse reader surveys for an unparalleled 6 years in a row for a reason. Come find out why we're one of the 100 Places to Eat in the South Before You Die, according to The Southern Foodie!
“Absolutely AMAZING”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have ate at this restaurant several times and every time it is nothing but WONDERFUL! I can't say this enough about this restaurant. I believe this should be #1 restaurant in Knoxville, it is unbelievable! All of their food is delicious, servers are great, and I love that its BYOB because it saves you some money to bring your own wine or 6 pack in! DEFINITELY visit this restaurant, it is top 5 in Knoxville, TN!

• Visited February 2013

“never again”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Left message (as far as I know, the only way to contact them) on a Thursday attempting to make a reservation for the following Wednesday. After patiently awaiting a response for 4 days, I call back Sunday to see what's up. Owner answers, "yeah, we're pretty booked Wednesday, but call back in an hour and talk to my reservationist". Reservationist, an hour later, rather brusquely, "we're totally booked Wednesday".

A simple, "sorry we didn't get back to you" from either of them might have kept me in the game, but they made it clear they don't need my business. Such a shame....the food is quite tasty.

If you do go, steer clear of live music nights. The bistro atmosphere is loud enough without pedestrian jazzbos in the corner.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Chris H
Loudon, Tennessee
“Everything is great”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

While this place does not look like much, Chef Bruce creates great food and different menus. The food is not only great, but the portions are generous. My wife had the pork schnitzel which was better than at a german resturant and I had an out standing piece of swordfish - almost 2" think. Don't miss the pecan pie for dessert.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Jim S
knoxville. tn
“tasting menu”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The meal we had last night (Jan 23,) was without a doubt the best food I have ever eaten, both for its quality of ingredients and perparation, but for the wonderful flavor combinations chef Bruce developed. No taste bud remained uninvolved. Our companions said they had eaten in French three and four star restaurants (at many times the price) and did not get food or service that matched Rouxbarb"s. If sometime you decide that you want a great meal with no compromises, Rouxbarb is your place. Thank you Bruce for a gastronomic experience that surpassed all expectations.
Ed Sedlmeier

• Visited January 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Looking forward to going back!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Made reservations (a must) 2 days in advance with no problem. We looked forward to a couples night out on Saturday and we had a great experience at RouXbarb. The spare ribs tips small plate had a superb flavor. The Chef has refined his smoking skills and we were not disappointed. I had the wedge salad and it was good. There were two specials that seemed mouth-watering. My husband had the New Zealand venison and it was cooked to perfection, tender, moist, not too gamey, served with a complimentary sauce and beans that did not take away from the flavor of the meat itself. I had the red fish, which was very good and flavorful, and the serving was plentiful. We decided to splurge and have two desserts: the lemon chess pie, with raspberry sorbet - excellent! Pecan praline pie was just as tasty and we had fun sharing. Great way to end a wonderful evening. We brought our own bottle of wine and with the corkage fee our cost was $115 without tip. We look forward to returning to this nice find in the Bearden aread.

• Visited January 2013