“Everything is great”
Review of RouXbarb - CLOSED

RouXbarb
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Chef Bruce Bogartz has won Best Chef in Knoxville's Metro Pulse reader surveys for an unparalleled 6 years in a row for a reason. Come find out why we're one of the 100 Places to Eat in the South Before You Die, according to The Southern Foodie!
Reviewed February 20, 2013

While this place does not look like much, Chef Bruce creates great food and different menus. The food is not only great, but the portions are generous. My wife had the pork schnitzel which was better than at a german resturant and I had an out standing piece of swordfish - almost 2" think. Don't miss the pecan pie for dessert.

1  Thank Jim S

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The meal we had last night (Jan 23,) was without a doubt the best food I have ever eaten, both for its quality of ingredients and perparation, but for the wonderful flavor combinations chef Bruce developed. No taste bud remained uninvolved. Our companions said they had eaten in French three and four star restaurants (at many times the price) and did not get food or service that matched Rouxbarb"s. If sometime you decide that you want a great meal with no compromises, Rouxbarb is your place. Thank you Bruce for a gastronomic experience that surpassed all expectations.
Ed Sedlmeier

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Made reservations (a must) 2 days in advance with no problem. We looked forward to a couples night out on Saturday and we had a great experience at RouXbarb. The spare ribs tips small plate had a superb flavor. The Chef has refined his smoking skills and we were not disappointed. I had the wedge salad and it was good. There were two specials that seemed mouth-watering. My husband had the New Zealand venison and it was cooked to perfection, tender, moist, not too gamey, served with a complimentary sauce and beans that did not take away from the flavor of the meat itself. I had the red fish, which was very good and flavorful, and the serving was plentiful. We decided to splurge and have two desserts: the lemon chess pie, with raspberry sorbet - excellent! Pecan praline pie was just as tasty and we had fun sharing. Great way to end a wonderful evening. We brought our own bottle of wine and with the corkage fee our cost was $115 without tip. We look forward to returning to this nice find in the Bearden aread.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Chef Bruce and his crew opened the restaurant for their first Italian night last evening...huge crowd and wonderful food! We thought the Italian Wedding soup was a great way to begin...followed by house made mozarella and proscuto and the duck confit with pasta was incredible! Live music was a nice too! Congratulations to all! See you next Sunday!

1  Thank GeneRump
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I visited the restaurant in December and was also with the writer of "Worst Food Ever". Her review was not characteristic of the experience of the entire party. Although the ribs were not people's "favorite", my fish was very good. My daughter had a steak which she said was delicious. The desserts were also wonderful We all loved the chocolate mousse. We came to the restaurant to celebrate my parent's anniversary and the restaurant had a fun, artsy atmosphere.

1  Thank Trish S