“I can't wait to return next summer!”

Candlewood Suites Knoxville
Ranked #34 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Pine Grove, Pennsylvania
“I can't wait to return next summer!”
Reviewed August 20, 2010

The accomodations were great: full refridgerator, dishwasher, free washer & dryer; excercise room and daily USA Today. The room was clean and the housekeeping staff did a terrific job each week of my stay. The desk staff were friendly and always helpful. The grill and gazebo were a welcome place for our group to meet, eat, and talk. The location is within easy distance of all sorts of shopping and all the major highways, yet the hotel is quiet. I would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We checked into this hotel because it was the only one in town that took pets for a reasonable fee. Although it is clean, it is really run down. We have been on a long trip and this was our fourth Candlewood-- I have no idea how it is a Candlewood. More like a run down hotel in the 70's. Dark, crappy 10 year old TV's, bad beds, no breakfast service, crumpled faux greenery-- not nice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Ardmore, TN
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We stayed at Candlewood for two separate weeks while our children attended UT's Basketball Camps. Both experiences were fantastic. The rooms were very clean and just the right size for a family. We were close to the UT campus and the selection of dining in West Knoxville is great. We could eat at Cedar Bluff or at the Turkey Creek Center. Both locations had all the greatest dining choices. The staff at Candlewood made us feel like family and every afternoon asked how basketball camp was going. They took a personal interest and made us feel at home.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Southeast Kentucky
Reviewed June 6, 2010

My wife and I got this room through Travelosity's Top Secret Hotels. We were really glad we did. The hotel is in a nice area and we felt safe in the parking lot after dark. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Upon entering our room, we found it to be very clean and comfortable. There was a bowed shower curtain in the bathroom and nice fluffy wash clothes and towels. The A/C worked very well. These rooms are for extended stays. They have a small kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, sink, dishes and silverware. The room had a nice TV with dvd and vhs player. You can check out free movies in the lobby. They even had a small selection of CD's to check out. This place has a large laundry room, a nice exercise room, and a small store called 'The Cupboard'. You can buy a good selection of food and other necessities. You pay by dropping your money in a slot. I don't know about wireless internet, I didn't try to use it, but there was an ethernet cable in the room that I used. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas City
Reviewed August 19, 2008

My first room smelled like mold. The room was very humid and the carpet was damp to the touch. I did move to a different room which was better but still smelled. A business associate had a problem with bed bugs in her room.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — smelled like mold
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank guestKansasCity
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 4, 2005

I moved here last July, found housing on the rental side to be sparse, with a large Black Lab. Basically most said "No you can't rent here."

My company had me set up for two weeks in the Candlewood, and I've been there ever since. The location is easy on/off all major expressways. The staff is the main reason I'm still there in my 7th month. I'm paying for it now, but well worth it.

Bart and his group take care of a customer like we're family. Wednesday cook outs and friendly folks whether they are changing linen & emptying trash, or meeting you at the front desk with mail & drycleaning. Pets are welcome here, and they do a good job of keeping it upscale & quiet.

You can always sneak in a load of laundry when needed (no fee), or visit the Candlewood Cupboard downstairs for a fresh fruit snack, some ice cream or a Stauffers dinner when it's a work evening. High speed internet & the health club are the deal clinchers for me. I'll probaly still be here next year at this time. Well worth the stop / or stay.

Stayed December 2004