“Nice Perks, Decent Price”

Candlewood Suites Knoxville
Ranked #35 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The location may not be walkable to restaurants, but having your own kitchen, secure late night check-in, and lots of other perks abound at this location. Staff was nice, gym was in good working order. I'd definitely stay here again!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Bart P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for the great comments! I also wish we had a few restaurants within walking distance, but the kitchen does make a big difference! Look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Knoxville

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The rooms was awesome, and the staff was above any of the rest. The desk clerks was so friendly and helpful any time day or night. Chris and April know their business and made us feel very welcome. Best hotel by far to use when traveling for a long stay period.

Room Tip: Rooms are always clean and very well kept up.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This place was great. The only reason it didn't get 5 stars is that the air conditioner was difficult to control and the room was always soggy/muggy feeling. The people here were GREAT! The rooms were nicely set up, it was very usable for a long term stay - I was there 10 days. Clean. Quiet. Everyone loved my dog. There was a good space behind the hotel to potty him and the back side of the hotel sported a quiet residential street where I could walk him a great distance. I had a first floor room and I was right next to the exit door to outside - I never hear the door or anyone in the hallways. There was a grill and gazebo outside and the guests used it frequently. It had free laundry, a small "store" that was on the honor system where you could buy laundry stuff, breakfast food, coffee, frozen dinners, ice cream treats. The day I left they were having a hotel wide cookout for a children's charity. Such nice folks. I would stay there again without hesitation. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank connie817
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I discovered that it's hard to find a decent place to stay with a 40 pound dog, so my expectations were not high. I was happy to find a hotel online that was reasonably priced and in a good location. Upon my arrival I was told that they were running short on rooms so along with my reqest to be near an outside door, I was also getting upgraded to a bigger room. Wow, we were so impressed. The room was beautiful and its location near the pet walking area was perfect. The linens and pillows were heavenly and the room was quiet. We stayed til the generous noon checkout time because I hated to leave.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

On the night that I stayed here, there were no regular rooms available, so I ended up in a suite. It turned out to be wonderful. I had my own living room and kitchen, as well as a separate bedroom with a door and two televisions: one in the living room and one in the bedroom. It was upscale all the way in regard to everything from the wonderfully comfortable mattress to the modern light fixtures. Staying at Candlewood Suites in West Knoxville was really a treat--home away from home but without the stress! It offered so much, from the DVDs and videos available free of charge at the front desk to the laundry and exercise facilities to my favorite, the "Candlewood Cupboard," which offers food (fresh and frozen) on the honor system. All you need do is write down your room number and the cost of the items that you've taken on a slip of paper that you slide into an opening in the counter, and you're on your way. It's really a fabulous place to spend the night--so much so that I'm going to stay at Candlewood Suites in the Theater District of Manhattan when I go there in early August. I hope that it's as good as the one in West Knoxville.

Room Tip: Anywhere above the first floor, which is too close to the parking lot to my way of thinking. Also, a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I'm moving cross country and had two seniors with me, namely my mom who is from California and is helping me move, and my 10 year old dog, Sadie. We stayed the night of June 1, 2013 and had a great stay. We conveniently had a room on the first floor next to the exit door to get to the dog walking area of the hotel. The room was modern looking, clean, and big. I'm even considering replicating the interior of the room in my next home since I like it so much. Chris and Jennifer were very helpful when checking in and checking out (Chris worked the evening shift and Jennifer worked the morning shift). The room was big enough to hold our overstuffed luggage (due to the move) and Sadie. The hotel has a laundry room and an on-site gym. It's very convenient. The location was nice as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carolyn V
Reviewed May 24, 2013

When I was looking for an extended stay hotel, I chose Candlewood Suites in Knoxville TN due to the nice rooms. The full size kitchen and TV were awesome, the bed was comfortable with many soft pillows, the bathroom was regular size with nice amenities, and the Candlewood Cupboard was convenient. Free laundry as well! The problem (a huge one) was t=I told them I was paying cash every week I was there, and they ran my debit card for the rent not once, but twice. Never once told me they were even doing it either. I understand they have to have a card on file for incidentals, but there were none of those and they just arbitrarily decided to act like they owned my bank card! The management staff was rude about it and they just do not care about customer service. You will enjoy the room for sure...but protect your bank card at all times. I even got charged AFTER I checked out for $300, which was explained as a rate increase because I didn't stay longer. Just bad business practices with them, so be very careful if you stay there!!

Room Tip: Protect your credit card and watch your bank account after you check out!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Randy H,