“Wow! Great Value! Very Clean!”

Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East
Ranked #64 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Orlando
“Wow! Great Value! Very Clean!”
Reviewed November 10, 2008

This hotel was the cleanest i've ever stayed in! The staff was so friendly and very helpful. It is an american owned hotel! After searching the entire exit we came upon this hotel. The other hotels were not american owned which that is something I look for when traveling. They take pets-- you would have never known it. This property is in great shape and they even serve you breakfast and dinner. Great price, Great food, Great staff, Very clean I couldnt have asked for more!

• Liked — That they serve a breakfast and dinner
  • Disliked — Nothing Everything was wonderful
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed October 28, 2008

On October 3, 2008 I stopped at the Econo Lodge because it was conveniently on the highway. I asked for a non-smoking room. We got room 110 which was on the first floor. It was late, I was tired. The room smelled like cigarettes. I slept on the bed nearest the door. That bed had bedbugs - which ate my entire right side! The other bed did not have bugs since my daughter did not get bit. The problem with bedbugs is that you don't know you are getting bit until after the fact. I did not notice even though I had taken a shower until about an hour into our continuing journey the following morning, I began itching - my right side and stomach were red and I was uncomfortable for 3 days - had to use benadryl cream twice daily to clear up the bites.... Needless to say, on the return trip home, I drove straight through 12 hours because I was afraid of staying in any hotel in Tennesee for fear of encountering bed bugs.!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — having to deal with bites on my torso for 3 days
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
tn131, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East, responded to this review, November 10, 2008
A professional inspection of the room in question on 10/4/08 revealed no bugs of any sort in the room. The guest was looking for a “Free” Night , as noted in her request to Choice Hotels International. In that complaint she stated the room "reeked of smoke" but decided to stay in the room anyway “I was so tired I thought I could handle it”. In the morning during check-out she asked for a “Free Night”. The room in question has been rented to 23 different guests since her departure on 10/4/08, without any complaints of bites or smoke smell. Our hotel is one of the top rated Econo Lodges in the country and we pride ourselves on providing "clean" and "afordable" rooms.
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 7, 2008

Because Econo Lodge is inexpensive, I wasn't expecting much. To my surprise, they just recently renovated and the rooms were great. The surrounding neighborhood was nice too. I would stay there again.

• Liked — Nice room and location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed April 11, 2008

I booked this hotel this past January 2008 to scope out new locations for my family and I to live. We wanted to see if Knoxville, TN was for us. This hotel is economical to stay for overnights. My wife and I had the King bed which was OK but the bathroom and toilet area is small. Staff is friendly and the breakfast is simple but good. The city is nice to see. There's plenty of things to see and do(we went to the downtown area and west part of town). Like I said before, I recommend this hotel if you need to stay overnights.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Kingsport
Reviewed December 8, 2007

The room (208) had an odd smell upon entering. My socks were filthy after walking on the carpet. After seeing that, I wasn't about to take them off, though. The room was outdated. I had to clean the toilet and sink myself because they weren't clean. There was a wet towel hanging on the outer bathroom towel bar. The carpet was very stained and loose and wrinkled in places. I will not stay there again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Michigan
Reviewed January 14, 2007

Clean & well maintained motel, parking lot and room. Easy to find and tucked back away from the highway in a quiet setting (on a hill above & behind a Waffle House that would be easy to walk to - also an Outback at the top of a big hill above the motel, but you'd have to drive to it I think). Got a great rate from the Choicehotels website (see link on Tripadvisor) for a large (two queen beds) clean room with fresh decorating.

Outside balcony entrances to rooms were clean and well maintained and lighted. Fridge and microwave in room. Pool out front, off the parking lot, was closed for the season but looked fine for summer enjoyment. Free wireless internet (that worked) & cable TV. Comfortable bed & pillows.

Really appreciated the friendly and helpful front desk staff who recommended Puleo's Grille (short easy drive) for dinner, which was wonderful. Be sure to try their fried green tomatoes with cheese grits!

Motel provides continental breakfast but we skipped for a larger breakfast down the road a bit. Chose this motel based on the one previous two year old review and we weren't disappointed at all. Nice experience for a road trip over-night stay. Would also be a good family spot for exploring Knoxville tourist attractions. Highly recommend.

• Liked — Clean and well maintained
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Use Trip Advisor
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ToadRipper
Hammond, LA
Reviewed April 17, 2004

Great hotel with a great location. I was surprised to see how busy they were since no reviews were available. Continental Breakfast was one of the best I've had. I like to stay at Comfort Inns because they consistantly offer queen size beds. I have absolutely no complaints and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

7 Thank sjogregory