“Nice stay old hotel”

Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East
Ranked #65 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

My mom and I stayed in this hotel for 4 days while we visited east Tennessee. The hotel is comfortable and quiet. They had a great breakfast and free wifi. However, if you are looking for the Ritz this is not it. This hotel is frequented by truckers and had maids that smoke. Yet the rooms are amazingly clean. You have to take the good with the bad here. That being said we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Sean M
jennifer_econolodge, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for your review we always appreciate feedback whether positive or negative so that we can continually strive to improve our guest's experience! Hopefully we se you again in the future & thank you again for choosing us:-)

Reviewed November 21, 2013

The rooms are okay...you get what you pay for. The staff however is rude and unhelpful. On our first night we asked about taxis (how much, what company) the front desk clerk just said no and went about her way. When I got home I realized I lost one shoe of a pair of expensive boots. I called to see if they had found it around 1pm she informed me to call in the morning speak with housekeeping. The next day I called at 7:30am. He said to call later to ask housekeeping. Then on the third day I called at 11:00am she said housekeeping had already left. I asked if there was anyway she could look she paused for two seconds and said they hadn't found it. I'm not sure if the boot is there or not but the staff was not very accomdating and I have never dealt with such a useless group of front of the house workers.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Lcassieb
jennifer_econolodge, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

I am so sorry for your bad experience! Please let me know the date that you visited & I will be sure to address the issue with the appropriate person &/or persons! I spoke to housekeeping myself this morning & the shoe has not been found but I have them searching for it! If you would ever consider giving us another try I would be glad to offer you half of the regular rate as compensation! I can always be reached at the front desk Mon-Fri from 8am-4pm. Our number here is (865)932-1217 & my name is Jennifer!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife has family here so we usually stay here in the Econo Lodge because it is close to I-40 and her family. You have I-40 for access to both Knoxville and Sevierville. The rooms are cleaner than average and the hotel help is very welcoming and supportive. Everyone there went out of their way to be helpful and there being a Waffle house in the same parking lot (technically just down a staircase) a gas station with a car wash and a McDonald's all right together that you can drive to all without entering the highway it made my trip perfect. It is very pet friendly and we had a floor level room for easy access right next to the office. We have stayed here many many times and are always pleased.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Louis W
jennifer_econolodge, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you very much! It's always great to hear that a repeat guest has enjoyed their stay again! We hope to see you again soon:-)!!!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stopped here one night recently while driving through Knoxville. We just needed a place to rest our head for the night. I was not expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was quiet, reasonably priced, clean room, no weird smells or bugs, comfortable bed, and good pressure shower. I was able to get a tube of toothpaste from the front desk. The breakfast was great- hence my title- they had warm biscuits and gravy- yum! They are pet friendly. Great stay and great value!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kathig723
jennifer_econolodge, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review! We are very happy that you chose us & that you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed here often on business. The rates are very reasonable, about $60.00 normally, although like many hotels in the area weekend UT football games can cause a spike in the rates. The rooms are clean and reasonably comfortable. The beds are not what you would expect to find in a high end hotel, but they are comfortable enough. Through the week they offer a supper meal. It is not real varied, but it is usually good, filling, and cheap (free), great for someone on a tight budget. Same thing with breakfast, not expansive, but filling. The real class comes with the front desk. Everyone I have had the pleasure of dealing with has been friendly and efficient. I like staying here for the friendly welcome I get every time I walk in.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Radford S
jennifer_econolodge, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you very much for such a great review! We at the Econolodge try very hard to provide a great stay at an economical price & are very proud of our staff...& love to hear when we accomplish our goals!!! The criticisms will be passed along to the approriate persons as we are always striving to improve our guest's experience & the compliments will be passed along to the hard workers who earned & deserve them! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay & hope that you keep us in mind anytime you visit Tennessee!
Jennifer Johnson

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Arrived about 6:30 p.m. Was able to check in fairly easy. The lady at the desk was really busy. We had a room on the end, so it was pretty quiet. This is a standard overnight stay hotel. Lots of truck traffic in and out. The room was very clean. They provide their brand of soap, shampoo and conditioner. The shower was nice and hot. There is Mcdonalds just next door and a convenient mart/gas station. The TV was an old model and pretty small. The Wi Fi was free and easy to connect to. All in all, a very good place to crash. Comfortable and clean and in a pretty safe area.

Room Tip: I would stay on the top floor as people were checking in late at night. There are only 2 floors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tishyoung

Thank you for your kind review & I am glad that you enjoyed your stay! -Jennifer Johnson

Reviewed July 8, 2013

At three am anything can pass for fine. When awake and coherent its all a different game. OMG, it was gross. Toe nail clippings, food, dead bugs, hair and dirt/dust all along the bed frames, walls furniture, etc. The trash behind the night stand told the story. Had I looked at the room first, I NEVER would have stayed there. Pillows were ok, I am telling myself the sheets were changed,,but not so sure. Shower was spotless, but damn,,,the carpet was horrible, dirty, filthy. Price was way too much for the filth. Slept for 4 hours, after seeing the filth I dressed and left. Wanted nothing to do with the breakfast or anything else. Stay away from room 109.

Room Tip: Room 109 is nasty
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank lenora421

Thank you very much for informing us of these issues & I am sorry that had such a disagreeable night! We at the Econolodge strive to provide our guests with a clean comfortable room at an affordable price & I wish to apologize for your unpleasant stay! We have recently had some management changes & our goal is to make the rooms...the entire stay...a great lodging experience for every guest! I would like to offer you half off your next stay if you would consider giving us another chance to impress you!
Jennifer Johnson