“time off the road and out of the truck”

Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East
Ranked #66 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed May 7, 2013

my wife and I have been in the room since saturday and will be staying till thusday when back on the road. the rooms are clean and ground are nice, so is the staff, the staff has helped my wife and my with all our needs, the breakfast in good and so is the night dinner

Room Tip: up stairs room in the back side are the quieter beds are high quality free breakfast and the din...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank xancotrucking
jennifer_econolodge, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay & though I know you would prefer to be on the road working we hope that you visit us again someday...maybe this time for a vacation:-)!
-Jennifer Johnson
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Positives: We had a non-smoking room with 2 queen beds for 2 nights on March 14 and 15, 2013. It looked like the outside of the hotel had just recently been painted. Very nice and clean exterior. The walls and ceiling in our room looked very nice and clean. The tub enclosure and sink area were in great shape. The room was extremely clean. This included the bathroom area. The room included a coffee pot, refrigerator, TV, microwave, iron and hair dryer. We only used the hair dryer which worked just fine. The price was very reasonable for this room. The 2 employees that we interacted with were very pleasant and professional.
Neutrals: The beds were just so-so as far as comfort. Not the worst, but not too great either.
Negatives: The carpet looked pretty new along the edges of the walls, but was very badly stained. I am guessing this was because the hotel accepts pets. The stains looked like problems that has been cleaned but would not come out completely. Both of the teenagers who stayed with us in the room thought that the room was "dirty" and the entire hotel was "skanky" because of this one problem. The tub was not draining properly, but the management was glad to say they would fix the problem, unfortunetly it was not happening untill after we left.
I would stay here again (but I think I would get a hassle from the 2 teens).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
tn131, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We strive to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience for each of our guests, anticipating the needs and fulfilling them on every occasion. It is through feed back such as yours that we are able to fine-tune our operation to better serve our guests.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Truly by far the best motel and one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at! They offer services that nicer hotels make you pay extra for, and this one is nice. The nicely decorated, clean-smelling room had a hair dryer, small microwave, and the largest fridge I have ever seen in a hotel. This was all included in the price. The beds were comfortable. Pillows could have been better. Large sink area that I felt was very handicap accessible. The tv was not very secure, but the tv itself was fine! Also, one of the lamp's plugs was hanging out of the socket, and the alarm clock was not plugged in and had to be set, but that does save electricity. Breakfast was okay, scrambled eggs would have been nice (they had hard-boiled ones which was interesting). Scary toilets- very slow to flush, I was afraid there may be a flood, but there wasn't. Free wireless internet that worked great too! Staff was nice. All was included in the price which was about $60. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MicMC_13

I just wanted to take this time to personally thank you for writing a review for your recent visit to the Econo Lodge Inn & Suites. Your opinion is very important to us. We are constantly striving to make the best guest experiences and thank you for comments

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed on 11/25/2012

I found the room to be clean and comfortable. the bed was firm, but comfortable. I didn't smell anything in particular in the room. the staff
was nice and helpfull. there was an internet connection, but it was extreamly slow! there was a nice lobby with a couch and chairs, which
came in handy because a friend came to visit that lives in the area and
I didn't want to visit in my room, so we stayed in the lobby and visited.

I thought the room heater was noisy, but I just turned it off after the room
got warm and it stayed warm enough all night. I could hear noise from
the freeway, but it didn't keep me from sleeping. There were not any
people hanging out outside partying, and I didn't hear any banging of doors. No one bothered my car.

the continental breakfast was good. they had a waffel maker, fresh fruit, juice, cereal, muffins, boiled eggs and yogurt.

The only problem I had, was when I checked in they handed me a peice of paper that said the room was 55 dollars. when I checked out they said the room was $79! Well first they said there was tax added to that, plus they had mistakenly added a pet charge when I did not have a pet.

they took the $10 pet charge off, but I still had to pay taxes. I still feel like they were a little dishonest about the charges.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sandrasomething
jennifer_econolodge, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your review...your comments help us to improve our guest experience which we hope is always a great one! I have let the front desk know to state the room rate plus tax when quoting prices so that this hopefully doesn't happen again! I apologize for the inconvenience & hope that whenever you are travelling to Tennessee that you will keep us in mind!
Jennifer Johnson

Reviewed August 4, 2012

There was such a heavy smell of smoke in our room that all of our clothing was ruined with a smoky smell after we stayed here, only one night. I would have complained but I was so tired after a long drive, I had to sleep, which ended up being difficult to do because the bed was not comfortable and the smell was really bad. Was it clean? Perhaps, but it felt kind of grungy, there were a few sightings of food-crumb-type things on the floor, and it had kind of musty smell along with the horrible smoke smell, which was just awful. Also, be aware that this is a motor lodge, the kind of room with a door that opens directly outside and the room needs a make-over. The free breakfast was disappointing; the area was clean and well tended, but the breakfast offerings were minimal and just not very good. The people who worked there were nice and the price was relatively much lower than other lodging choices in this area, but a slightly lower price should not equal awful smoke-smell in a room and sub-par breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a smoke free room unless you love terrible smoky smell
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
tn131, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to hear of the difficulties you experienced. Please accept my sincere apologies for these shortcomings.
As for the breakfast, by providing waffles, two types of cereal, biscuit/gravy, fruit, boiled eggs, two types of bread and juice, donuts/muffins, and milk we far exceed the requirements of Choice Hotels International. As an Econo Lodge, we are only required to provide one pastry, one non-sweet bread, orange juice, coffee, butter and jelly.
Again, I greatly appreciate your bringing the issues to my attention. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call me.

Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Had full cable, fast internet, and soft beds. Rooms were very nice, only complaint was there wasn't anything to do nearby.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are glad that you had a great stay at the Econo Lodge Knoxville East. We take pride in our ability to make sure you have a problem free stay.

I thank you for the opportunity to be of service and look forward to being of assistance again on your next trip to East Tennessee.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

As soon as we drove in the lot, I had a bad feeling- a lot of trucks and work trucks were parked in the lot, as well as a lot of guys in sweat pants, drinking beers, and laughing with each other. Despite that, having checked the ratings on Tripadvisor, we got a room, and proceeded to check in. As we walked in the room, we were greeted by the smell of many applications of de-odorizer, kind of a cloying oder which was almost thick enough to cut with a knife.
We did check the beds, which seemed to be fairly clean, unlike the carpeting, which had numerous dubious stains, (see pictures).

We left to go to dinner, and came back later on. My wife forgot to bring socks, and asked to borrow a pair of mine....I said yes, of course, knowing she doesn't like to walk barefoot on motel carpeting. NOW i know why! She put the socks on when we went to bed, and was not walking around- she may have gotten out of bed twice to use the bathroom during the night, and when dressing in the morning, and when she showed me the bottom of the socks, I was shocked! It was not like she spent more than a minute or so walking around, and the socks, (clean when she put them on) were FILTHY. (see pictures). The carpeting in this room was FILTHY DIRTY.
My wife also pointed out the vanity, which had shorter black hairs and some debris on it, (not ours), and some other cleaning deficiencies.
On the plus side, the microwave and fridge were clean, and worked well, the furniture was in fairly good shape, and there was plenty of hot water at high pressure. The beds were comfy, and although the pillows were really well used, they were adequate.

I won't be back- there are better places to stay for the money.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Klaproth
tn131, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2012

I have forwarded a copy of your comments to the responsible department managers, and assure you steps are being taken to alleviate such inconveniences in the future.