Extended Stay America - Knoxville - Cedar Bluff
$90
Comfort Suites North(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
$72
$104
  • Pool
$129
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
$94
$77
All reviewsoffer breakfastrooms are cleanup to datepropertypansnoisefridgehousekeeping
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed here overnight while traveling I40., got a great price for a last minute reservation. Courteous and respectful desk person. Stayed in a Jr Suite (recently renovated according to the gentleman at the desk). Bed was comfy, suite was very clean. Had kitchenette with everything you would need for a longer stay. Area appeared safe, saw no scary characters at 10 pm. Breakfast is granola bars, fruit and coffee, but lots of places to grab hot food off of the interstate. Would recommend

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Lesli - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm so pleased to hear that the price was right and the desk clerk was courteous and respectful. I am happy that the bed was comfortable and you saw the potential of the kitchen for a longer stay.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Jumped down the road to this hotel for one night after a disastrous couple of nights at another local hotel. The room had that old motel smell, but was clean — and, honestly, I find the "motel smell" sort of nostalgic. The staff I interacted with was pleasant and helpful. The kitchen was a nice plus, and the bathtub was comfortable. For its price, not a bad night's sleep — and probably one of the first places I'll be looking at when I come back to Knoxville on business.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Glen - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the kitchen, bathtub, the price was right and you had a good night's sleep. I am proud of our team for being pleasant and helpful during your stay. Please accept our apologies that the room had an old motel smell. Still we are happy to know that we were able to provide you with an clean room. Thank you again for your review.

We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This "hotel" was the first stop on our big road trip this summer, and I'll admit, I was suckered in by a really cheap rate from Priceline. There's five of us (my wife and I, plus our three boys - 9, 7, and 5) and generally we can get away with an average room as long as it has two beds. When we checked in here we were told our room had one bed - a queen. I asked if there was a pullout couch or anything like that and she said no, but that I was IN LUCK because they did have a room available with two beds that they normally don't have. Sweet - I'll take it.

First lesson learned for future travelers - NO ROOM HERE CAN ACCOMMODATE MORE THAN TWO PEOPLE. I'd later check the website and try to see if I could book a room with more than two people in it, and I couldn't, no matter the date. There is another Extended Stay America in Knoxville (West Hills) that can, which I really wish we could have stayed at. But silly me - I assumed all hotels nowadays have rooms that can accommodate four people. I was wrong. So if there's more than two in your party, turn back NOW.

Anyway, we open the door and walk in and the first thing we noticed was a smell. That smell was urine. Not strong enough in the "check for puddles" way, but strong enough in the "someone peed here, cleaned it up with a towel, and we're looking into getting a shampooer sometime next week" way. This is a pet-friendly hotel, and I'm going to assume (hope) that the last person who stayed here had an excitable puppy that couldn't hold its bladder, and that person cleaned up after the puppy themselves.

Why themselves? Because the bathroom was dirty. Not "dirty" in the "at least you could have flushed!" way, but more "dirty" in the "maid looked in the bathroom, saw there wasn't blood on the floor, confirmed there was toilet paper, then went to have a cigarette" way. There was visible dirt on the tile and in the tub which was easily removed with a wet tissue, which is kind of the issue. If it was that easy to clean the tub/tile with a tissue, why wasn't it?

To the beds - two "twin" beds which were adorable in that they seemed so small I could have put them in my pocket. I'm 6'2", and I was bigger than the bed. This leads me to lesson two for future travelers: IF YOU ARE OVER SIX FOOT TALL AND TRAVELING WITH A COMPANION WHOM YOU DO NOT WANT TO SLEEP WITH, LOOK ELSEWHERE. They have queen and king rooms which I'm sure would have been good for a tall guy, but those rooms only had one bed, and no rooms there had a fold-out sofa or anything like that. We were left with people sleeping on the floor. Was that our fault? Sure - that's the risk we take using Priceline - but I'm still shocked that there are major chains that have an entire property without one room that can accommodate more than two people.

So I mentioned dirty, and I mentioned tiny - that leads me to the next morning. Putting our stuff together and getting ready to go back on the road, we noticed that we were sharing the room with several ants - some on the floor, and a few we noticed crawling up the bedsheets. Taking that as our sign to go, the family packed into the car and I went to check out and grab us our "grab and go" breakfast. I told the clerk about the ant issue in the room and he cheerfully told me that they would "call Orkin" and thanked me for informing him of the issue, but that was it. I shrugged and turned to find the "grab and go" breakfast table consisted of a table about the size of a dresser crammed with coffee, granola bars, oatmeal, and oatmeal bars. I grabbed a fistfull of granola bars and got in my car, hoping to never be stuck in an Extended Stay America again.

Room Tip: Do not go with more than two people in your group unless you get multiple rooms. Do not get the 2 twin bed room if you are over 5'7"
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Location was fine but the place was HORRIBLE! It smelled like urine… like the way my kids bathroom does since the 3 boys have bad aim. I mean, the bathroom was cleaned quickly. Toilet was fine and all but the tub, I could take a wet tissue and just graze over a dirt spot and it came right off meaning it wasn’t actually cleaned. There were areas on the tile that were gross and came right up too. EWW! Beds were less than comfortable but I wouldn’t know. Cole & I slept on the floors. We probably shouldn’t as I woke up slightly itchy and we learned there were ants (even crawling up and around the beds (on the top of the mattresses). EWW! We got out as quick as we could in the morning. Wasn’t worth being there one second longer. Worse place to stay! I get chills thinking about it. Great! Now, I’m itchy!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MommaBay
Reviewed August 2, 2013

When we checked in they didn't have the dbl bed room I had reserved, the put us in 2 single bed rooms which was great and only charged me for one room, wish they had just left us in the 2 single rooms. Then we were told that we would be given an end room with queen or king size beds in them for I and my Son who are both over 6'1. That did not happen as the folks in the larger room decided at the last min to stay longer, so they stuck us in a smoking room (I reserved a non-smoking originally) with full size beds with the one bed pushed right next to the HVAC unit and the bed was always cold and blocked the rest of the room from cooling down if it was not set to high (62-63) A/C, broken bathroom door, broken rails in the Refrigerator, and clogged tub drain. I am a Active Duty Air Force member who was PCS'd/Transferred to Knoxville, TN and needed a inexpensive place to stay for me and my Son for 30-45 days till we could buy a home and move in, I guess in the end for me I got what I paid for.

Room Tip: spend the extra money and stay at TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff or Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff in the same place as extended stay off Park side Dr.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family