“Great for Longterm Business Travellers”

Extended Stay America - Knoxville - Cedar Bluff
Ranked #51 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I stayed at this extended stay for the first time and was able to get a signature room on the first floor. Knoxville was recently hit by some really bad storms so it was hard to get the long period of stay that I wanted at this property. I was there for 4 days and it served the purpose. The staff was nice and the room was clean and comfortable. Looks like these rooms were recently upgraded because my room had a LCD screen which made it easy to hook up my PS3. When in knoxville again I would stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank 247HardWorker
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Knoxville - Cedar Bluff

Reviewed October 5, 2010

I live in Knoxville and have been going to this location for the past several years for my "Mom's getaway weekend." With the hectic life of raising twins, sometimes I need a day or two just to sit, relax and do as "I" please. This Extended StayAmerica gives me just that. The rooms are clean and I have never experienced an over amount of noise. All of the staff, from front desk to housekeeping, are friendly and accomodating. I look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank tennmama55
Reviewed March 29, 2009

The room was sold to me as newly remodeled and updated room. New everything. Yes, there was a new rug. Couldn't get the door open to get the luggage in because the door stuck on the rug. Linens were not new. A burn hole in the blanket in a non-smoking room! Reported it and no offer was made to switch it out. Bathroom fixtures were new but not lined up. Old fixture holes were not patched. Office staff was not helpful. Could not give directions and did not open the front desk on time for check out. Plenty of other hotels in the area offering great deals and you get what is promised!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2008

I stayed here for a couple of nights. I had been led to believe by their advertising that it would be a no-frills but clean and comfortable place. Well, it is definitely no frills...but it's not all that clean OR comfortable. Fortunately, I had paid a deeply discounted rate -- if I hadn't, I would have been steaming mad.

I don't know who would choose this place for an "extended stay" unless it's a crew of construction workers on a job or maybe a family on an unbelievably tight budget. I'm not sure about the allegedly nicer, "signature" rooms mentioned in another review for $5 more per night, but I paid the extra $5 for a bigger room with a King bed, but there was nothing special about it. As a matter of fact, it was room 233 to be exact...a corner room on the 2nd floor. Maybe I've stayed in too many business class hotels, but when I walked in the room, my first thought was, "Well, this is pretty much a dump."

The room was old and worn, with that kind of carpet that you're afraid to walk on barefoot. The bed had a cheap mattress. The "comforter" (more like a bedspread) was thin and cheap. Mine came with a couple of complimentary "personal" hairs from a prior guest. That alone is enough to turn your stomach. The furnishings were very plain and cheap...commensurate with the rate I paid, I suppose. It reminded me of an old dorm room, especially the bathroom...exposed pipes under the basin, no cabinets or decorative touches whatsoever. The stopper on the tub didn't function properly, but when I tried to fix it, the black grime that came off on my hand was enough to ensure that I wouldn't consider taking a bath in this place. I then noticed a few more hairs stuck to the shower wall...thoroughly disgusting. The kitchen area looked like it had gotten a cursory cleaning but nothing more. Naturally, the heater/AC in this place is a loud unit under the window and the TV was an old piece of junk. There were a couple of complimentary Showtime channels. I paid $5 for wireless internet...though I'm a bit surprised that I had to pay anything extra at this place. No hair dryer, no shampoos (no, I suppose this ISN'T the Marriott), not much of anything...just a couple of those cheap, small generic soaps. And those horrible, cheap, thin institutional towels -- the kind that places use when they fear guests might steal anything nicer (and with THESE towels, they don't have to worry about anyone wanting them!)

The corridors on the outside were shabby...one resident apparently had been keeping cats and had his cat food dishes sitting outside the door. Just a low-class operation, overall. The location of the hotel is convenient to numerous restaurants and stores...but there are also a bunch of better hotels within a short distance of this place. In fact, there is a Courtyard and a Hilton of some sort practically next door. If I stay in this area again, I'll pay the extra $$$ and stay at one of those...

You only live once and life is too short to stay in a place like Extended Stay America.

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed December 18, 2008

The regular rooms (floors 2 and 3) are rundown and I wouldn't stay in them, but the "signature" rooms (for $5 extra) on the first floor are newly redecorated and upgraded - nice new carpet and bedding, harwood (faux) floors in kitchenette and bath, new paint on walls, recliner chair, table with 2 chairs. On our first visit we asked for a 2nd floor room, since doors are exterior. Upon seeing its disrepair, we asked to be switched. We've now stayed here twice in the signature room. Pets not allowed in the signature room, but are allowed in the older , unremodeled rooms (floors 2 and 3). The only reason we would not return is the pet issue. The hotel shares a parking lot with 2 other hotels - both Marriott properties. It appears to be in a safe and quiet area at the Cedar Bluff exit. Starbucks is just down the street, as well as your choice of Dunkin Donuts or Waffle House. Staff are friendly and helpful. No free breakfast, wifi is $5 or so.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 27, 2007

Was given this hotel thru priceline and had never stayed at an extended stay before so was not sure what to expect.
Arrived late in the evening and a very pleasant women checked us in. we upgraded to a king bed suite for 5 dollars more per night and it was well worth it. the room was nice and big, clean and had a refridge, microwave, stove and coffee maker. The bathroom was normal size with a tub/shower, toilet and sink. water pressure was not a problem.
payed 5 dollars (total) for wireless internet and was able to use the computer at will.
They do not clean your room daily so we would take our used towels down to the desk and trade them out. staff was always very nice. Would stay here again if going thru knoxville. plenty of restaurants around the area as well.

Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank Peri
Reviewed August 12, 2007

I was greatly surprised by how nice this hotel was. We stayed at an Extended StayAmerica in Dublin, OH last year and did not have a great experience, so I was a little nervous when the ESA popped up as my winning hotel on my Priceline bid. The going rate for two guests was $60/night plus tax during our visit, so $50/night including tax was pretty good.

We checked in around 8 pm and the woman in the office was very friendly. She explained the phone system & had us fill out paperwork before giving us our keys and showing us where the vending & laundry was. We had room 130, toward the end of the building on the side not facing I-40. It was very quiet, especially for being so close to a major interstate.

The room itself was well taken care of. The mattress was a little firm, but obviously not as old as the hotel (it's 10 years old). The linens were in good shape. The standard studio comes with a queen bed, an armchair, a dresser w/a TV on top that can swivel, a small dining table, kitchenette with two burners, refrigerator & microwave as well as a small bathroom. Everything was in good shape & in working order. Like most ESAs, the kitchen was fully stocked to serve a meal for two people, though we never used anything but the fridge.

Cedar Bluff is a nice area; there are a ton of hotels in the area, and most looked very well taken care of. There are several restaurants along the same road as the ESA and a small shopping center down the street. ESA shares a driveway with three Marriott properties (a Courtyard, a TownePlace Suites & a Residence Inn), so it seems like a nice, safe area.

For a short visit, it was a great deal and I wouldn't hesitate to go back. If I was going to have to spend a long visit there (14 days or more, like many ESA guests), I would probably stay at another extended stay facility to have extra room. It's a fairly small space, and with only one arm chair, it would feel cramped if you had more than one person in it often. I would try a TownePlace Suites if you'd want to entertain a lot or feel claustrophobic easily.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MrsKruse