“nice hotel”

Ranked #40 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Daytona Beach, Florida
“nice hotel”
Reviewed October 25, 2009

I had read some mixed reviews about this hotel, but decided to take my chances. My room and bathroom were clean, nice, and updated. I ate breakfast dowstairs every morning and was more than satisfied with their offerings.They had yogurt, cereal, bagels, muffins, and waffles at this self serve breakfast. I didn't see too much in the way of meat, but I'm a vegetarian so I wasn't looking. There was a person assigned to the breakfast area to make sure supplies were replenished as needed. If you were not happy with the breakfast offered, there is a Cracker Barrel right at the entrance to the hotel with a full offering of breakfast items.

I saw no evidence of bugs either in my room or in the breakfast area. There was no microwave or mini fridge in the room. I needed to freeze some small ice packs, but I asked at the front desk and they gladly kept them for me overnight until I needed them. However, if you want to keep something handy and cold, this would be a problem.

There is a pool and an excercise room, but I didn't use either, so can't comment on those.

Overall, my stay at this hotel was great. Everything was clean, the staff was helpful and I would stay again if the opportunity presented itself.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Wisconsin
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I recently stayed at the Fairfield in route to another destination. In general the reviews on TA were good so I had little concern. Boy was I wrong....the decor is updated but not this is only a small plus. The hotel in general is old. The pool is gross. It looked like it had not been cleaned in months. There was hair on the pool deck, garbage and no towels. The beds and the bathroom in our room were very old and small. I actually saw bugs in the lobby. The breakfast was not good either. You know it is bad if your 7 year old notices that the place is gross. I am glad we only stayed one night!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
memphis
Reviewed June 20, 2009

this fairfield inn and suites was very nice. the lobby is swank with flat screen tvs and modern furniture. the spacious rooms are nicely decorated and feel new. the only thing about our room that i didn't like was that our window overlooked their indoor pool. you can hear kids shrieking in glee and the echoes of tiny voices. they have a tiny workout room but nice equipment--2 treadmills and 1 ellipital machine. the fairfield inn and suites also offer a breakfast now if you expect to get your meat on here, sorry. you can get a frozen egg, sausage biscuit. they offer yogurt, cereal, fruit, bagels, muffins. they do have pretty good waffles though. my hubby liked their coffee a lot too. it was a nice place to stay and i would recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
npatel729
Reviewed April 26, 2009

This has to be the best motel ever!!! The management has done a great job in making sure the guest feel like kings.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Northern Virginia
Reviewed February 7, 2009

We have no complaints about this Marriott property. It was just off of I-40 so it was convenient to downtown Knoxville and points east when we finished our trip.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Marion, Virginia
Reviewed February 4, 2009

I booked around 8 rooms for my daughters cheerleading group attending a competition in Knoxville. We were very pleased--large clean rooms, indoor pool, close to Outback Steakhouse, and very easy access off interstate. The lobby is good size both for breakfast and convening with group by the fireplace. The girls enjoyed making waffles in the morning at the free breakfast!
We will stay again!

• Stayed January 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 11, 2008

A wonderful, updated, gorgeous Fairfield Inn! Suprisingly contemporary and spacious. Very friendly staff. We stayed here overnight while passing through, and boy, was it a gem! We will definitely stay here again. The lobby areas and the room were beautifully done! The bed was super comfortable; TV was great, too. The breakfast was, well, the typical breakfast, but okay. The price was a bargain for such a snazzy place - obviously, it is not located right in Knoxville. Close to Asheville and Hendersonville, North Carolina, though. Eat at the nearby Puleo's Grill - it is fabulously delicious and inexpensive!

• Liked — Gorgeous decor and comfy bed!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple