“better than last time”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East
Ranked #41 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
“better than last time”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Better than last time, the room was clean, no bad smells this time, not bad. For a quick stop over it was ok, they seem to be trying to revamp the old place, getting better. They do have a breakfast and free paper in the morning.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Haven G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
We appreciate your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your most recent visit. We do hope you will stay at our location in the future. Have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
West Virginia
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here as a mid-way stopping point for a drive from Memphis back to the mid-Atlantic area.

It provides what you expect from a Fairfield. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I was surprised at the low rent looking chairs in the breakfast area though. The seats were patched with duct tape and just seemed out of place for a Marriott property.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Haven G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
We appreciate your feedback on our location. I am glad to inform you that the entire set of breakfast chairs were replaced in May. We hope you will stay with us in the future. Have a wonderful day.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This was a disappointing experience for us for a Fairfield Inn. It was clean but very basic. No amenities that one would expect from this chain. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good. The staff works very hard.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Haven G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your visit at our location. We do offer the basic amenities in the guest rooms including: shampoo, conditioner, soap, and coffee. There are also additional amenities available upon your request at the desk including: toothbrushes, toothpaste, combs, lotion, shower caps, etc. We greatly appreciate your feedback on the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. We work hard as a team to ensure you enjoy your visit. Thank you for staying at our location. Have a wonderful day.
Indiana
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We had 3 rooms and one was freezing cold and the other 2 were hot, muggy and damp. One of those hot rooms smelled like mildew and was just icky feeling. The thing that saved the stay was the friendliness of the front desk clerk at check in and that the rooms were clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Haven G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
I am sorry for any inconvenience during your recent stay at our location. The humidity levels are high in East Tennessee during this time of year the smell you are speaking of is that of humidity. I do apologize for the issue. Thank you for your feedback on the cleanliness and your check in process. I do hope you will stay at our location in the future. We hope you have a wonderful day.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 13, 2014

First room checked into was damp and muggy. Carpets and bedding felt damp. Furniture and cabinet tops had moisture on them. Went to front desk and asked to see different room and it was the same situation. Tried a 3rd room and on a different floor and again the same thing. Muggy and damp feeling on the carpets, furniture and bedding. Asked front desk clerk for new, dry sheets so to sleep on dry bedding, but was denied by desk clerk. Could not believe she said no! Since it was approaching 11pm, we had no choice but to sleep on damp sheets. Turning on the A/C didn't help dry out the room, even by morning time. Everyone woke up soaked and cold. No manager was working the next morning, even by the time we checked out Saturday by 11.30am. We were scheduled to stay for 5 days, but checked out after 1 horrible night and made reservations at a different hotel which was 100% better. Ironically, we overheard guests at 2nd hotel talking about their bad experience at the same Fairfield hotel. Vary disappointed for a MARRIOT hotel! I though Marriott has a policy for leaving rooms at a certain temperature, especially in a humid location like Knoxville? I would guess A/C units are turned OFF so to save electricity!

Room Tip: Should have asked to talk to a manager, even if desk agent had to call them late night. I'm sure...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank pete and kate d
Haven G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
I am sincerely sorry you did not enjoy your most recent visit at our location. The air conditioning units are set to a certain temperature in every room as a Marriott standard to keep humidity levels at a low and and temperature at a medium. I do apologize that the front desk staff did not provide you with the sheets you requested. I hope you will continue to stay with Marriott have a wonderful day.
Duluth
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I was too tired to continue driving. I chose this over the motel 6 right next door and probably paid twice as much. The front desk person was not particularly warm or friendly. No smile or welcome. I asked for dinner recommendations/healthy meal choices and he wasn't able to make any suggestions other than the fast food joints that were nearby. The room was clean but dated. There was a microwave and refrigerator - which would have been something the man at the desk could have pointed out and suggested a nearby market. The room temp was quite cold and there were no spare blankets. The breakfast offerings were typical microwaved steam table egg/meat - not very appetizing. Disappointing for a Marriott property.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Haven G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your visit. There are a few restaurants on our exit to list a few: The Outback Steakhouse, Aubreys, and Puleos grill I am sorry the desk clerk was not more helpful. There is also a Food City in close proximity to our location. One blanket is provided per bed as a standard however there are blankets available at the front desk. I do hope you will continue to stay at Marriott properties. Have a wonderful day and thank you for your feedback.
Wash.DC
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I were traveling to Nashville. Got caught before Knoxville with bad traffic and bad rain. I had done most of driving as my husband was busy with work: computer/phone calls. So I made the unilateral decision to stop for the evening. Once off the conference call, he realized we were standing at the door of this hotel. He had no opposition to stopping as I knew he would not, but argued against the 'cheap' hotel I had picked. But rain kept coming down and I recommended he go inside and check it out. He got us in: hotel had a special for $84.
By the time we left in the morning, we would have gladly paid twice as much and felt good about it.
This hotel is immaculate. The combination of snow white sheets and duvet, and the mint-green touches in the room is wonderful. Toiletries and extra pillows, great. Only thing missing for me
was the lack of a magnified mirrow. I had forgotten my own!
Breakfast was included and the coffee was good. In the morning my husband said: this was really an unexpected positive experience.
Truly a gem at any price.

Room Tip: We had a king size bedroom and it was wonderful
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. I appreciate all of the positive feedback. I do hope you will stay at our location in the future. Have a wonderful day.