“Comfortable beds”

Ranked #41 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Celeste
“Comfortable beds”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Nice and accommodating staff. Beds super comfortable. No noise, slept like a rock after a long drive. Easy access. Hot breakfast with large area to enjoy eating before hitting the road again. Indoor pool provides a nice respite from the hustle and bustle of the Interstate.

• Stayed March 2014
Haven G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
I appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear you were pleased with your visit. I do hope you have the chance to visit our location in th future. Have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Dallas, TX USA
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Easy to find off I-40, close to eateries, clean and well priced. Staff helpful and breakfast meets the need. Only problem--what's with the chairs in the breakfast area? The surface covering is worn off and the chairs look like flea market cast offs. It's the first thing you see on the way to your room and immediately your concern level rises about what one will find in the room. Not to worry--rooms are OK.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Haven G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit. I would like to apologize for the condition of the chairs. The new chairs should be finished within the next couple of weeks. I am glad to hear you found the location to be convenient. I appreciate your compliments on the hotel, breakfast, and staff. I do hope you will stay at this location in the future. Have a wonderful day.
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I'm used to Marriott brand hotels being located close to other Marriott brand hotels, but not this one. This is a low-end Fairfield Inn, located directly opposite a Motel-6. Driving home from a business trip, I did not have enough time make it the whole way, so I decided to stop for the night near Knoxville. Marriott is usually a consistent brand, so I decided to stay at this property. While it served the need, and the price was low for a Marriott, to some extent I got what I paid for.

On the positive side, the hotel was reasonably well maintained, with a bright lobby and friendly staff. The bed was comfortable (which counts for a lot), and the heater (one of those located in front of the window) worked quietly, albeit a little slowly. The breakfast was also above average.

But, as a frequent traveler, I notice the little things. For example, there was no shampoo in the bathroom but, instead, two little containers of conditioner (a minor problem that I didn't notice until I was in the shower). The coffee available in the lobby was cold and, trying to warm it in the microwave in my room, I found a problem with the latter. Most frustratingly, there's only one elevator (slow and noisy). At one point, a sizable group of guests arrived, and it took forever to get back to my room. Admittedly, I could have climbed steps, but they were at the far end of a corridor and I was on the top floor).

The hotel met my need: the basics were fine and the price was comparatively low; however, with a little effort and some better processes, hotel management could provide a better experience. This is not something I usually have to write about a Marriott brand hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the highway, or be prepared for a little traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Haven G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
I appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I am glad to hear you found comfort during your visit and that the staff was friendly. I hope you will continue to stay at the Marriott brand hotels.Thank you for choosing our location. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stopped here on my way home from a business trip and couldn't have been more pleased. It is in a convenient location just off the highway and by several gas stations and restaurants. The staff is incredibly friendly and goes the extra mile to make you feel at home! The room was clean and comfortable and I felt right at home. The breakfast was great; lots of variety and delicious! Thanks for a good stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Haven G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
I am glad to hear you were pleased with your stay and that our location was convenient for you. A short trip off the interstate when your tired is great. I also appreciate your comments on the staff, the breakfast, and your room it is nice to hear we were able to make you feel at home. I hope you have a wonderful day. If you get the chance visit with us in the future.
Olney, Maryland
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I made reservations while in the car when I was about 100 miles away. Front desk gave me excellent directions and even volunteered places to eat nearby. She remembered me when I got there and was extremely friendly and helpful. Elevator areas are quite expansive which would make them desirable for large groups.

Room Tip: Get a room on the opposite side from freeway. You can hear traffic.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Haven G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
I am delighted to hear the front desk staff was able to help with directions and recommending nearby places to eat. It does make a difference when a staff member is both helpful and friendly. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us in the future.
Tryon, North Carolina
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We are Marriott members and needed an easy on, easy off, place to stay. I was afraid the room might be noisy, given its proximity to the interstate, but it was not. We asked for a quiet room, and were given a room in the back of the hotel. Despite being close to the lobby, there was no noise at all. The room was clean and comfortable. Linens were good. The staff was so friendly and solicitous. Breakfast was very good. The only thing I could detect amiss was that the breakfast room chair seats were worn, torn, and patched in places. When I asked a staff member about this, he told me new chairs had been ordered.

Room Tip: The hotel is close to the highway but seemed very quiet to us. However, just to be sure, ask for a r...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Haven G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear the ease of access from the interstate was convenient for you and that we were able to accommodate your request for a quiet room on the back side of the hotel. It is nice to hear you we're pleased with the staff and the breakfast. We are awaiting the arrival of our new breakfast chairs. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us in the future. Have a great day.
Bloomfield Hills
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stopped on our way home. I chose this hotel because they had handicap accessible rooms with two double beds. I was traveling with my sister-in-law who needed the accessibility. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The beds were not as comfortable as I'm used to in Fairfield Inns so this was a disappointment. The lobby chairs need reupholstering as the fabric is shredding. This gives the impression the hotel isn't cared for but that isn't true. The guest room was in good condition. The breakfast was good and the staff is constantly replenishing the food. We were eating at the close of the breakfast, and the staff went so far to ask us if we needed anything before they cleared out the food. This was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Haven G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear you felt welcome and your needs were met for your room type. It is our top priority that our guests are taken care of from check in, to breakfast in the morning, and check out. The chairs in the lobby soon will be replaced we are in the process of doing so. We hope you will stay with us in the future and have a wonderful day.