“Odd location, Hotel Better than expected” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East

Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East
Ranked #43 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Upstate NY
“Odd location, Hotel Better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've been a Marriott customer for over 35 yrs, first at Marriott hotels, then Courtyards & Residence Inns when they were added. Lately I find Courtyards overpriced and charging for everything and neither breakfast nor 24 hrs lobby coffee. This was the second Fairfield used on a recent road trip. A really odd location on the branch of a dead end fork. I'm not sure how these folks got one & 2 star ratings because we found this Fairfield just short of excellent. Desk staff was outstanding, at reception, departure & everything in between. Rooms were spotless and very comfortable with excellent Marriott. We left some jackets in the closet and got a phone call after we left. We asked that they hold them as we'd be coming back thru Knoxville a few days later. The jackets were there on our return. The free breakfast was what Courtyard used to offer but no longer does. Is it what you'd make at home? No, but there were eggs, sausage patties, waffles, cereal, great coffee, fresh fruit and a very attentive staff. Amber took care of every request and sure made us feel welcome and no just another traveler. I'd stay there again, no problem.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Timothy G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
We take pride in the hotel and do our best to make every guest feel at home while they stay with us. I am glad the staff was helpful in returning your items. Thank you for commenting on the breakfast it is our newest addition and I am glad to hear you enjoyed it. Thank you for your positive feedback I hope when passing through our area you will stay with us again. Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Wake Forest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Before starting our trip through the mountains from NC to the Knoxville, Tn.. area, I phoned the hotel and talked to the General Manager, Tim. I knew the trip across the mountains would be harrowing because of some serious rainstorms in the area, and I wanted to make sure that his hotel had availability. Tim assured me that he would have a comfortable room waiting for me and my Wife. He delivered. When we arrived, Robyn, checked us in to a great clean comfortable room. She mentioned that Tim, the GM., had left instructions to see that we were warmly greeted and made comfortable. That is exactly what happened. The entire staff at that Fairfield Inn treated my Wife and I like Gold Rewards members. The Pool was a great place to relax. The morning breakfast was one of the best we ever had at a Fairfield Inn-it included cooked eggs and sausage, and a wide variety of other items. Kudos to you Tim, and your staff. People like you, make me glad that My Wife and I belong to the Marriott Rewards program. If we ever pass through Knoxville again, we will go out of our way to stay at your property.
Juliann and Jim Murphy. p.s. It sure was nice to have that Cracker barrel restaurant within walking distance-a nice place for an early supper.

Room Tip: If you are a Gold rewards member, request a Gold upgrade. The Fairfield Inn Knoxville East will cer...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Timothy G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on the hotel the staff and myself. I am glad we were able to accommodate you. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and the breakfast. The Hot Breakfast is a new addition to our location. The Cracker Barrel is very conveniently located to us which makes for a quick trip to supper when you are tired. I hope you will stay with us in the future. Have a wonderful day!
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Nice Fairfield. Good price and not too far from downtown Knoxville. Breakfast was hot and staff kept area clean. Quiet area with Cracker Barrel and gas stations near. Right off I-40. Stay on third floor on back side of the property for the quietest rooms. 15 minute drive to downtown.

Room Tip: Stay on third floor on back side of hotel for quietest rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Timothy G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The hot breakfast is actually a new addition to our property I am glad to hear you enjoyed it.
Jacksonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Check inn was a breeze thanks to Andrew rooms nice and roomy bed comfy breakfast good includes meat check out was smooth didn't catch the young lady name but she did pretty much everything would stay again

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate your feedback. Andrew is one of our newest employees I am glad to hear he is doing well.
Spanish Fort, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Upon arrival the lady at the front desk was extremely rude. Very unprofessional. I was overcharged, lied to, and treated like a piece of crap, not like a guest. The hotel itself is very clean and nice but poor customer service ruined the stay. I could have made a better breakfast with the microwave in my room. I will not be staying here ever again and as a matter of fact I wouldn't stay here again if you paid me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed that your check in process was a bad experience. I do appreciate the comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel itself. Again I do apologize for your check in experience.
Forest, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

This property is on the outer east side of Knoxville and I wouldn't normally stay that far out of town since my customers in this area are in town. In my Marriott Rewards newsletter & points statement there was an offer for a 1,000 bonus points so I thought I would give it a try. I checked in and asked the clerk if I had to do anything to receive the bonus points. She stated that several other guests had also inquired about it but she didn't know anything about it.

Within 15 minutes of being in the hotel, my initial impression was that I can see why they were offering the 1,000 point bonus to get you to stay here. The room, carpet & furnishings were fairly "tired" looking. Also, the TV was an old clunky style TV set and the AC unit was kind of nasty looking as well and didn't cool the room very well. It stayed pretty muggy. Otherwise, the room was fairly clean. The workout room was fairly small and had decent equipment but not the machines with individual TV's like you find at most Marriott properties. The breakfast area was pretty standard for a Fairfield and was clean as well.

When I checked my Marriott Rewards account a week or so later, I had only received my regular points. I sent in an inquiry via the website only to receive an email from the Knoxville GM stating that because I had booked online with my AAA discount (which is the default on my profile) that I was not entitled to the points because I didn't pay the "rack rate" (full price). It was also stated that I didn't use the promo code. Neither of these requirements were mentioned in the "blurb" in the newsletter. It only stated the promotion dates. On top of this, their own employee didn't know the promo requirements so how was I supposed to?

I stay at lots of Fairfield Inns and many of them on return trips to the same areas but this won't be one of them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business