“Poor Customer Service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East
Ranked #38 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Upon arrival the lady at the front desk was extremely rude. Very unprofessional. I was overcharged, lied to, and treated like a piece of crap, not like a guest. The hotel itself is very clean and nice but poor customer service ruined the stay. I could have made a better breakfast with the microwave in my room. I will not be staying here ever again and as a matter of fact I wouldn't stay here again if you paid me.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Timothy G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed that your check in process was a bad experience. I do appreciate the comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel itself. Again I do apologize for your check in experience.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This property is on the outer east side of Knoxville and I wouldn't normally stay that far out of town since my customers in this area are in town. In my Marriott Rewards newsletter & points statement there was an offer for a 1,000 bonus points so I thought I would give it a try. I checked in and asked the clerk if I had to do anything to receive the bonus points. She stated that several other guests had also inquired about it but she didn't know anything about it.

Within 15 minutes of being in the hotel, my initial impression was that I can see why they were offering the 1,000 point bonus to get you to stay here. The room, carpet & furnishings were fairly "tired" looking. Also, the TV was an old clunky style TV set and the AC unit was kind of nasty looking as well and didn't cool the room very well. It stayed pretty muggy. Otherwise, the room was fairly clean. The workout room was fairly small and had decent equipment but not the machines with individual TV's like you find at most Marriott properties. The breakfast area was pretty standard for a Fairfield and was clean as well.

When I checked my Marriott Rewards account a week or so later, I had only received my regular points. I sent in an inquiry via the website only to receive an email from the Knoxville GM stating that because I had booked online with my AAA discount (which is the default on my profile) that I was not entitled to the points because I didn't pay the "rack rate" (full price). It was also stated that I didn't use the promo code. Neither of these requirements were mentioned in the "blurb" in the newsletter. It only stated the promotion dates. On top of this, their own employee didn't know the promo requirements so how was I supposed to?

I stay at lots of Fairfield Inns and many of them on return trips to the same areas but this won't be one of them.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here for a quick overnight on my way to a business meeting. The staff was friendly and helpful. They were able to help switch me into a room with a fridge and microwave. I didn't use the building amenities other than looking through breakfast area (which seemed fine, but didn't support my gluten free needs much...). The bed was too hard for my taste and I didn't sleep well at all. Part of that was probably due to the horribly ancient HVAC in the room that was very loud and not thermostat controlled. The bathroom was clean, but there was serious staining in the shower that made me think it wasn't clean (it looked like old coffee stains on the tiles...very odd) Location of the hotel is perfect for road trips, right off the highway with restaurants and fuel in the vicinity. Its a toss up on whether or not I would stay here again. Probably not until they do some updating.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank efm16
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed here one night on the road. I checked in, turned on the old CRT TV (non-flat screen) and got a loud hum. The desk hostess was friendly and switched rooms easily. The new room felt initially a little damp until the AC kicked in.

The beds were pretty comfortable and clean. The bathroom was pretty clean, but could use some touch-up. Small towels, but that might be a Fairfield thing. I did appreciate the mini-fridge in the room.

The AAA rate was good. Would I stay here again? I'd consider it, but would look around first.

Room Tip: Turn on the TV before you unpack to make sure it works...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Good hotel, good value. Had a short stay for a funeral, but the rooms were spacious and the breakfast was good. Your basic waffles, and light fanfare of fruits and oatmeals. The staff was courteous and quick to check us in. Hotel was full due to a car show in town when I visited but the service was still good. Beds were very low to the ground..not the best mattresses!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was the second time in ten years that I have stayed at this location in Knoxville area. Price was good and Marriott offered a points bonus. Hotel is located behind Cracker barrel Restaurant a few exits from the Smoky Mountains exit off I-40. Parking was close-by and available. Check in easy. Angie was friendly and helpful. My room was on third floor. Elevator opened to large waiting area. Bright and cheery. Room was down a rather darkish hallway. Room overlooked air conditioner and roof on rear of hotel. BTW, I'm a Marriott Gold member. Room dull. Only chair was desk chair. Bed was rather hard. TV ok. Internet good. When I woke up the morning after the stay, I had a bed guest. See photo. I was worried that it was a bed bug but I'm told it is a weevil. I should be alright. I had no flour in the room. Breakfast was standard fare. Nothing fancy, I had yogurt and a muffin with coffee. Checkout easy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends