“Tired Hotel on Knoxville's Eastside”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East
Ranked #38 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was the second time in ten years that I have stayed at this location in Knoxville area. Price was good and Marriott offered a points bonus. Hotel is located behind Cracker barrel Restaurant a few exits from the Smoky Mountains exit off I-40. Parking was close-by and available. Check in easy. Angie was friendly and helpful. My room was on third floor. Elevator opened to large waiting area. Bright and cheery. Room was down a rather darkish hallway. Room overlooked air conditioner and roof on rear of hotel. BTW, I'm a Marriott Gold member. Room dull. Only chair was desk chair. Bed was rather hard. TV ok. Internet good. When I woke up the morning after the stay, I had a bed guest. See photo. I was worried that it was a bed bug but I'm told it is a weevil. I should be alright. I had no flour in the room. Breakfast was standard fare. Nothing fancy, I had yogurt and a muffin with coffee. Checkout easy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We were in TN for a wedding and had a very pleasent stay. Everyone was helpful and nice. Especially the front desk as I needed to be able to have my sister check in before us but we were paying for the room. The room was clean, breakfast was Good and didn't run out of food even though it was busy. And the price was fair. Overall a very pleasent stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located right off of I-40, and not too far from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park (roughly 40 minutes). The property is very clean, the beds are good, and the staff is very nice. Guest laundry facilities are provided. The breakfast (at least on the weekend) is acceptable, with bagels, some cereal, some fruit, waffles, and other small items, but no hot foods. There are also no complimentary cookies in the evening, as are offered by some Fairfield Inn properties. The facility itself, although clean, appears to be of older construction (so reasonably quiet, no paper-thin walls) but the condition of carpets, tile, walls, doors, furniture, and the pool is what I would describe as moderately worn and probably in need of a refresh. Although I did not use the in-room television, I did notice that it was a CRT style, which I prefer, but which likely also speaks to the vintage of the last hotel refresh.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Clean and comfortable room, helpful staff, good breakfast before hitting the road -- what more could you want on the road? Add to that a great price and we are hooked. Wonderful to find a place that you can count on.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel overnight while on a road trip. Easy access to the hotel. Friendly staff and very clean room. Also has a breakfast available in the morning, which makes it easy to get back on the road.

Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We used priceline and got the king bed hotel room under $60 per night. The staff was very friendly and the hotel is clean. The included breakfast was adequate but if you want a fancier breakfast you can walk down the street to the cracker barrel. I liked the decor of the room but it was kind of small because we didn't have much room for our stroller. There is an indoor pool right next to the gym. The gym is small and I wish it is located in a more private corner. It is located near the lobby and the breakfast area, and I felt like everybody was watching me working out.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Parking lot was clean and grounds well maintained. The lobby and room was clean and appeared to be well maintained. The staff was nice. The room had the usual shampoo and coffee, but we also had a small refrigerator. I must add every time that Marriott chains supply a separate conditioner as most hotel chains no longer do that. Big kudos every time for that commodity. The room is not temperature controlled, but was comfortable. The breakfast area was very well kept and stocked with traditional continental breakfast items along with waffles, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, etc. The pool and exercise room were clean as well. There was no hot tub/jacuzzi. While the staff was incredibly nice, we did have a situation occur just as we were leaving. There are two computers in the lobby. An employee was on the computer to the left. I went to use the computer on the right so I could print something. The computer on the right has a sign that says it does not print. The employee immediately noticed me and said she would only be a minute. I'm assuming she was needing to print something, because there was no one at either computer shortly before while we were eating breakfast. With her choosing the computer on the left, it was a common sense conclusion that she needed to print something. Several minutes went by and I looked at the screen to see she was going through her email on Yahoo. I walked on the side of her so she could see I was still standing there and I paced. It wasn't until another employee told her to get off the computer that she signed off of Yahoo and got up from the computer. No printing ever occurred. Apparently, employees are allowed to use the computers while working. That's fine. I have no problem with that. I do, however, have a big problem with an employee using the only computer that prints at 8am when guests are normally rushing to eat, pack up, print flight/travel stuff and leave. To top it all off, she knew I was there, knew I needed to print and continued on the same computer instead of getting up and moving over to the other computer knowing she had nothing to print. While our stay was good and the staff was nice, I would be remiss not to mention the downfall and score the experience appropriately. I called the hotel after we left to discuss with the manager, but he was not there. So, I sent an email. As of today's date, I have not received any form of correspondence in return. The email was sent over a week ago.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple