“another good visit”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East
Ranked #41 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Clean and comfortable room, helpful staff, good breakfast before hitting the road -- what more could you want on the road? Add to that a great price and we are hooked. Wonderful to find a place that you can count on.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel overnight while on a road trip. Easy access to the hotel. Friendly staff and very clean room. Also has a breakfast available in the morning, which makes it easy to get back on the road.

Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We used priceline and got the king bed hotel room under $60 per night. The staff was very friendly and the hotel is clean. The included breakfast was adequate but if you want a fancier breakfast you can walk down the street to the cracker barrel. I liked the decor of the room but it was kind of small because we didn't have much room for our stroller. There is an indoor pool right next to the gym. The gym is small and I wish it is located in a more private corner. It is located near the lobby and the breakfast area, and I felt like everybody was watching me working out.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Parking lot was clean and grounds well maintained. The lobby and room was clean and appeared to be well maintained. The staff was nice. The room had the usual shampoo and coffee, but we also had a small refrigerator. I must add every time that Marriott chains supply a separate conditioner as most hotel chains no longer do that. Big kudos every time for that commodity. The room is not temperature controlled, but was comfortable. The breakfast area was very well kept and stocked with traditional continental breakfast items along with waffles, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, etc. The pool and exercise room were clean as well. There was no hot tub/jacuzzi. While the staff was incredibly nice, we did have a situation occur just as we were leaving. There are two computers in the lobby. An employee was on the computer to the left. I went to use the computer on the right so I could print something. The computer on the right has a sign that says it does not print. The employee immediately noticed me and said she would only be a minute. I'm assuming she was needing to print something, because there was no one at either computer shortly before while we were eating breakfast. With her choosing the computer on the left, it was a common sense conclusion that she needed to print something. Several minutes went by and I looked at the screen to see she was going through her email on Yahoo. I walked on the side of her so she could see I was still standing there and I paced. It wasn't until another employee told her to get off the computer that she signed off of Yahoo and got up from the computer. No printing ever occurred. Apparently, employees are allowed to use the computers while working. That's fine. I have no problem with that. I do, however, have a big problem with an employee using the only computer that prints at 8am when guests are normally rushing to eat, pack up, print flight/travel stuff and leave. To top it all off, she knew I was there, knew I needed to print and continued on the same computer instead of getting up and moving over to the other computer knowing she had nothing to print. While our stay was good and the staff was nice, I would be remiss not to mention the downfall and score the experience appropriately. I called the hotel after we left to discuss with the manager, but he was not there. So, I sent an email. As of today's date, I have not received any form of correspondence in return. The email was sent over a week ago.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel is nice. It's very clean. The pool was heated well and the breakfast is nice. They have waffles, jimmy deans sausage biscuits, oatmeal with nuts, brown sugar and honey, fruit cups, and cereal selections. The room was well acquainted, cozy, and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom is nice, just watch yourself as you step into the tub, it is very slippery. The morning employees were very helpful. The breakfast lady was there to make sure breakfast was kept full. The hotel is situation in the country area of Knoxville, but to get to major stores and shopping isn't so far. I would come back to this hotel. I recommend this hotel highly for people stopping of I-40 east.

Room Tip: Nice stop off I-40 East
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A0730
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Clean comfortable room. Very clean actually. The breakfast is always a bonus while staying at a Fairfield inn. This breakfast room sparkles its so clean. The staff is some of the most accommodating I've encountered. This hotel has its act together other than the rugs should be replaced probably soon and the elevator could use attention. Room could use luggage racks.
There's nothing fancy here, but it is well worth the money. Conveniently located off the interstate. Christy was the bubbly associate that took care of the breakfast area every morning and is a real asset to the hotel. I didn't give 5 stars due to the condition of the elevator, rugs and my check in experience. My credit card had a hold put on it as a security precaution and the associate that checked me in could use just a little training in handling those situations, she wasn't bad by any means. All in all this hotel worked great for our return to Tennessee to visit family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Nice motel. Easy check-in with 3 people behind the desk. Express check-out was even better. A little hard to get to from I75. Room and bath were very clean, and the carpet as well. Furniture was in good shape and the beds were comfortable. Room had desk/chair with Wi-Fi available. Only lacking item was a luggage rack. Breakfast had a large food selection with waffels, rolls, cereal, fruit, but no meats or eggs. Food was replentished by two employees. Seating area was in an adjoining room which was nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple