“Fairfield Inn Knoxville East”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville/East
Ranked #38 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Not happy that the internet was down for most of our stay. However the hotel was clean and the rooms were comfortable. Breakfast area was well stocked with the regular items. Other than the internet being down our stay was good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a good hotel with a very convenient location. Interchange 398 is a very good interchange for an overnight stay enroute between the New York / Washington area and Nashville / Memphis and points west.

Great location for visiting Smoky Mountain National Park. Plenty of service plazas and restaurants at this interchange and just a very good location overall.

The hotel is well-maintained and the staff is good. We've stayed in a lot of Fairfield Inn by Marriott locations and this hotel is definitely a good value for the money but it isn't quite as First Class as some other Fairfield Inn properties. It sounds like they're planning a renovation and they're going to raise the standards.

I think this will be a great hotel once they complete their renovation and hopefully upgrade their linens and bathroom amenities as many of the other Fairfield Inn locations have already done. All in all, good value for the money. We like Marriott hotels and we thought interchange 398 was a great location.

We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MoreFFmiles
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here with another family member and had two rooms. When my brother used his room key, there was someone else in his room. The front desk had given him the room they had rented just minutes before. The front desk said, "Oh this happens all the time." They gave him the room next door and there were no chairs in that room - none at the desk or the chair and ottoman that were supposed to be in every room, so they brought some from another room with no apology or explanation. Our room was dusty and the carpet throughout this hotel looked so dirty (carpet was black or dark navy and showed all white towel dust). Being a gold elite status traveler with Marriott, I have to say this was a very poor Fairfield. The front desk was staffed by college age employees who seemed unconcerned. Their breakfast was not up to usual offerings, Very disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

From the outside, it's a little dingy but once inside I was pleasantly surprised. Everything was clean and updated. Their breakfast area was well situated and easy to find with plenty of comfortable seating. The eggs were a little cold but everything else was good. I did notice that the rooms got pretty musty smelling with the air running and there was condensation on all the windows looking at the hotel from the outside. All in all, not bad.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel was so clean and shiny I thought it was new. Found out it was 16 years old, had been redone four years ago, and had had the same house keeper the whole time. Everything was spick and span, very comfortable, well lit. Easy to access from highway and many good restaurants around. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2012

After staying five nights at other Fairfield Inns, I feel comfortable in saying that this property just didn't have their managerial act together. When presenting the manager with a list of concerns, his attitude was to just blow me off with "we're going to have a renovation in the fall and I'll give them this list."

My list of concerns ranged from mundane to safety issues. For instance, of the two treadmills, one was not operative (but no sign to advise anyone) and the other had a serious problem with the LCD screen not coordinated with the machine. I got on the treadmill and entered a speed of 2.8 which I usually use. The machine responded by going to 16.2! Nearly through me off. No clock in the pool area. The deck of the pool was as slippery as ice. I believe they had used a wall tile and not a rougher deck tile. The same slippery situation was found in the bath tub when my wife nearly slipped and fell. These safety issues can be addressed before renovation. Another complaint was in the breakfast area. There are 88 rooms with a large potential for breakfast use. There were only 6 tables, 2 of which had only two seats. On the positive side, the breakfast area attendant was very good and quite accommodating. She even brought my toast to when it was done. I still don't understand why hotel toasters take so long to toast. The facility was only six years old but just wasn't run anywhere as nice as the same facility we stayed at only the night before. The most important thing to me is the bed and hot tub both of which I need for physical reasons following major back surgery. I found that this facility did NOT have the usual quality beds as found in most Marriott facilities. That was very disappointing. We need to bring in a two inch bed topper just to get a decent night's sleep. The other disappointment was the closing of the pool and spa room. In spite of asking reservations about the access to these areas, when we got to the hotel we found that the entire room was locked. The hotel had drained the pool for some work.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The young lady working the desk late one evening was an asset to the company compared to the "front desk manager" that checked us out that next morning. We arrived to a busy lobby with the young lady dealing with each guest in a very professional manner. Once it got to us she apoligized for the wait, which meant alot to me after such a long day of travel. We mentioned we would like 1st floor like our reservation requested. She quickly switched us to ground floor. After a good breakfast we headed to the desk to check out and "put in a good word for night shift", only to find the lady on her cell phone at the desk! She looked very unprofessional compared to night shift employee. Almost "laid back" with no worries. Any way we will probably stay at this property again soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business