“Decent”

Sleep Inn North Knoxville
Ranked #47 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Me and my husband stayed here on our way to Columbia, SC. It was our first trip to Knoxville. It was just an overnight stay. The room/bathroom was a bit on the small side, but was decent. It was right off of the interstate so it was near alot of restaurants and easy access to jump right back on. I also felt safe which is very important to me especially when I'm somewhere I've never been before. The staff was also very nice. I would recommend it for an overnight stay, but not sure if I would for an extended stay. Only because I would want something a little bigger. The room itself though was clean.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 29, 2010

The room was HOT and Musty with the air off upon arrival. After the air was on for a while it smelled of SMOKE and still a nasty smell. This room was supposed to be a non-smoking room also. Mold in the mini fridge, only 2 small towels. Upon turning down the bed found possible bed bug and long black hairs on sheets, not just one but several! Evidence of bed not being changed. Would not recommend staying at this Sleep Inn Knoxville North. Have stayed in other Sleep Inns and they were ok. This one is a Dump!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank lratty
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Front desk clerk was very helpful. We stayed one night on our way to Helen, GA. Rooms were very clean and we will definitely stay here again on our way back home.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for one night while traveling through the Knoxville area on vacation. It's pretty much the same room setup as other Sleep Inns, down to the rounded bump-out around the shower stall (no bath tub). Building seemed clean and it was in OK shape, but it could definitely benefit from a renovation and some general fix-up here and there.

There are a number of restaurants and shopping in the area around the hotel. I'd likely stay here again if I was in Knoxville in the future.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2010

This is a nice hotel, clean rooms, quiet, staff was excellent and we enjoyed our three day stay there.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2009

I chose this hotel as our first stop on a road trip from DC to Dallas. It was easy to find and check-in was quick and the front desk clerk was very cordial. I used Choice Privileges points to book this room so it didn't cost me anything.

The room was on the small side, but it was adequate and clean. The king bed was very comfortable. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room.

The TV could use an upgrade... it was a 26" regular tube TV.

Breakfast was adequate. I really love it when hotels have waffle makers! :)

Check out in the morning was speedy. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2009

My daughter and I stayed here on Halloween night after attending the Tennessee-South Carolina football game. The staff was outstanding, the breakfast we were served Sunday morning was exactly what we expected and the accommodations were adequate. Altogether a decent experience. I think they could do a better job maintaining the place, but as it's a budget hotel and no one who stays there is looking for luxuriousness, I'd still recommend it. Good location, lots of family-style restaurants (i.e. Cracker Barrel and the like) and easy access to the Interstate. It's a really good deal for what it is.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family