“Good value, still needs a bit of updating”

Sleep Inn North Knoxville
Ranked #48 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We booked this Sleep Inn from the road based on T.A. reviews. We were greeted promptly and warmly by Carol. When she learned we were going to look for a place to eat as soon as we checked into our room, she recommended a local restaurant, Puleo's, which was very close (see review), and for which she also provided a 10% discount. This property has not been a Sleep Inn very long, but has been updated very extensively. However, there remains some updating yet to do to make the rooms more attractive and appealing. Although our room was very comfortable and very clean, the bathroom floor was very spongy, and my husband discovered that there was most likely a water leak under the floor, which he reported to the management. Not a problem for us, as we used the provided bath mat and the bathroom floor was very small, but it could lead to greater problems if left unattended.
Breakfast was typical for this chain; waffles, yogurt, bread to toast, and cereal.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Niccole L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn North Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Hello!
I am pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay, with the exception of the bathroom floor :( This is the first I heard about the floor being spongy, and I have no clue what room you were in! If you don't mind, please email me or call at the hotel so I can get right on this matter! You are right-- it could pose a huge problem if it's not taken care of!

I am glad that the room was comfortable and clean, and that Carol was, as usual, her super sweet self! Puleo's is also awesome! They never steer us wrong! Our property has been here since 1993, built from the ground up as a Sleep Inn, and I am pleased to see that you've noticed our improvements. We are still working on them and I reckon it'll be a pretty grand little hotel when all is said and done!

Again, I appreciate your business and your feedback on the room! Please get back with me so I can have maintenance check the floor!

Thank you so much!!
Niccole Lightfoot

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn North Knoxville

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Loved this hotel and WILL stay again. Nice room, beautifully decorated and spacious. Breakfast bar was fantastic and the hostess working was wonderful and friendly. The price was nice too. We will be back again and again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Niccole L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn North Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words! We definitely appreciate our guests and work hard to make all of ya'll comfy and cozy! I look forward to having ya'll back! Call us at the hotel when you need a room again and we will take care of ya!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We've stayed here twice in a week (3 nights & 1 night). Even before we stayed here, Carol helped me with the reservation over the phone and told me she looked forward to seeing us. All the front desk people were warm and friendly. They told us that they gave us their best and quietest room on the 2nd floor (202). Both times we stayed they called the room after check in to make sure everything was satisfactory. They went out of their way to offer assistance to make our stay comfortable. The rooms were attractively decorated and the beds comfortable. Their breakfasts included hot sausage, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, pastries, hot waffles & the other usual items. The breakfast attendant was like going to grandma's house. "What can I get for you to eat?" We were wished safe travel when we left. Stay here again, YES!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Niccole L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn North Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Oh what a nice visit we all had! It was our pleasure to serve you guys! Thank you so much for the kind words and we look forward to having ya'll stay with us again!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We spent the night at this hotel after exhibiting at a show in Columbus, OH on our way back to Florida. We stayed at a Sleep Inn before and it was average but the TripAdvisor reviews on this one were very good so I elected to book us in here.

We checked in about 10:30 in the evening. Carol was at the front desk and as she was checking us in, I casually mentioned to my wife that we had a lot to bring in to our room. Carol heard me and said she would switch our room from the 2nd floor to the 1st and gave us one near the side door so we wouldn't have far to go. She even told us which spot to park it for the shortest distance and said if we were too tired, she'd help us get our things into the room. She even gave us an upgraded room. She said we looked tired and felt an upgrade would help give us a better night's rest. OMG! Carol was amazing!

The room was very nice. It was very clean and well appointed. It had a refrigerator, which was great because we had many things in coolers. The bathroom was very clean as well. It had a big shower but no tub, which was OK with us. the A/C was a bit loud but I was so tired I fell asleep with no problem.

If I had one negative it would be the side door to the hotel from the parking lot. You had to swipe your room key to get in. There was a sign on the door that said it may take numerous swipes to get the door to open. One of our keys didn't work at all and the other worked after the advertised numerous swipes. Why not just replace the reader instead of warning people they're going to have a hard time getting in? maybe that's the plan but that was rather inconvenient. However, that was the only issue and it was minor. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 112 is near the side door so it's convenient to the parking lot. It was very clean and qui...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Niccole L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn North Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you so so much for your kind words! I'm tickled to hear that Carol was her usual chipper self! She IS an asset to our cozy little hotel! I'm thrilled you guys had a good nights rest and enjoyed our spacious showers and were able to utilize our mini fridge! We are working on getting that key reader replaced- it is a pain!

We look forward to having ya'll stay with us again! Many thanks,
Niccole :)

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My son and I were traveling from Texas to Virgina, and after almost 16 hours of driving, arrived in Knoxville very tired. I was planning to use some of my choicehotels rewards points for our overnight stay. I'll tell you what, they don't make it easy. Instead of just being able to go into a participating hotel and check in with your points, you have to book the room on the phone or through the website. I was told by the choice helpline: "find the hotel you want, and call us from the parking lot to make the reservation".

Dumb.

Well, after 3 false starts on the phone, starting back in Nashville, were they wanted to book me in a hotel 25 mile back in the direction we'd just come; in Knoxville I found a spot where my phone got data, and booked on the website. Got a confirmation page with a confirmation number, so off we went to the Sleep Inn.

When we arrived we were greeted (at 3am) with a big smile from Niccole. I showed her the confirmation screen on my phone, and she entered my name and the number in her computer, and of course it showed NOTHING.

Now here's the great part, instead of making me figure out what was wrong, Niccole simply gave me a room key and told me she'd call choice to sort it out.

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

I think both my son and I were asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow. I feel so lucky to have chosen this particular Sleep Inn. I would definitely stay here again, and will highly recommend it to anyone I know who may be passing through this area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Todd and Justin!
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! I'm just so so so happy I could take care of you guys! Next time you're in Knoxville come see us!

Thanks!!!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Very good hotel. A bit off the highway, setback of the street. Rooms are clean, my heat/AC unit was quiet, bathroom clean. Wireless internet was very good. Asked for the most private room because the hotel I stayed at in Nashville had a very loud hillbilly family who clearly couldn't keep quiet when most of us were trying to catch some shuteye. Front desk was receptive and accommodating to my needs.'

TV selection is good, there's a 32" LG flatscreen. Refrigerator and microwave, this may have been the best bang for the buck I've had in a very, long time.

Room Tip: Stay in room 201. First of all, the rear stairs practically lead directly to your room. There are...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for staying with us! We pride ourselves on being a very clean, quiet hotel! I'm beyond thrilled to hear you had a nice quiet night! Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor as well! Next time you pass through Knoxville, we'll leave the light on for ya!

Many thanks!
Niccole

Reviewed April 25, 2013

A great value... clean rooms and a gem at the front desk. In a world where customer service has gone by the wayside, Carol was so nice and helpful! She went out of her way to make sure we had two rooms close to each other and was so pleasant to my husband at check-in. There are many restaurants at this exit which is also a plus.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Ms. Debbie,
It is always a pleasure to hear such wonder feedback from our guests! I'm elated to hear that Carol was awesome! She's a gem, for sure! I'm glad to know that we have a staff member such as her to represent our quiet, cozy little hotel! Come back and see us !

Many thanks,