“Convenient and clean”

Quality Inn Merchants Drive
Ranked #61 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We were on our way home and needed a quick stop before we headed off early in the morning. It was very convenient on and right off the highway. The staff were pleasant and the room was clean and neat. It was fairly small but adequate. The breakfast was fair. Would have liked more fresh fruit selections (only had apples and oranges). But the best part was the price...reasonable. Would we stay there again? Probably would.

Room Tip: Ground floor and with outside exit doors.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Merchants Drive

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I found this hotel in local coupon book and decided to give it a try. We were pleasantly surprised with the friendliness of the staff, cleanness of the hotel and overall comfort of the rooms. The only minus is a breakfast. I had better expectations of super hot deluxe breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Got in late after a long day' drive. Thought I was getting a clean budget room. Sheets were dirty on one bed and suspect on the other. I wouldn't walk barefoot on the carpets. Walls are all patched up, furniture looks really tired, room smells moldy. Changed rooms three times and just gave up. If it weren't so late I'd go find someplace else. I will be demanding a refund. What a crap hole. #qualityinnandsuitescrap

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
camjur, General Manager at Quality Inn Merchants Drive, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Irish Guy
Im so sorry to hear that the Quality Inn didn't meet your expectations. As you can see from our other reviews we really do aim to please. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly on your next trip to town and let us show you that your stay here was the exception and DEFINITELY not the rule.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had to make an emergency trip up to Knoxville, due to my brother being in ICU at Fort Sanders and we could not have asked for a better place to stay, room clean, service great and breakfast was awesome. We will continue to stay there on our future trips to Knoxville.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor in the back and didn't hear a thing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
camjur, Manager at Quality Inn Merchants Drive, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Although i'm sorry about your reason for needing to visit, I am very glad that we were able to help your trip to be a smooth one! I'm glad to hear that you will be back with us on return visits.

Many Safe Returns

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Pet friendly with small pet fee and grassy area around for walking dog. Very friendly and accommodating staff. I spent 2 nights and was very pleased with my ground floor room #116. Comfortable bed, nice flat screen TV, fridge and microwave. Plenty of parking and right off interstate I-75. I will stay here again. Donnie was very nice when he checked me out and spent time explaining the area to me.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
camjur, General Manager at Quality Inn Merchants Drive, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Hey Kythoro
We are always glad to house people with pets! Im really glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

This is a good property ,easy to get to right off I-75. The rooms are a good size with a flat screen TV and a fridge that keeps everything cool. We had a large king size bed which was very comfortable. The breakfast is billed as a hot breakfast, it has hot scrambled eggs ,biscuits & sausage gravy, cereal, yougert ,buns, bagels fruit coffee & tea. It is more substantial than the continental or grab & go breakfasts that are promoted by some hotels. I would have given it 5 stars if I had been able to log-on to the internet. The signal was there but I couldn't log-on. The front desk said to phone the internet provider but all I got was a recording. The front desk clerk said he was on all night. There are good restaurants close by.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks Huronshores!
I'm glad that your stay overall was a pleasant one. It is unfortunate that you were unable to connect to the internet. Bring your device by the front desk next time you are here and I PERSONALLY will do everything i can to get you connected. Its a brand new system as we recently updated all of our information tech infrastructure but im sure whatever the issue was we will got you online!

Thanks Again

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Another great stay at the Merchants Drive Quality Inn! My scrapbooking friends and I have stayed at this same hotel multiple times...and will definitely stay again! We love the super comfortable bedding and beds and we always feel very safe walking to our room late at night in the well-lit parking lot! NO COMPLAINTS at all!! You will definitely be pleased with your stay...especially for the very reasonable price!!

Room Tip: I have stayed on the front and the back side of this hotel and on each level...all the rooms are com...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Laura,
As always it was a pleasure having your scrapbookers here at the Quality Inn Merchants. I hope you got to check out the meeting room this time! Im sure we will see you again soon.