“Pit Stop for the Night”

Best Western Knoxville Suites
Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We registered online which was very easy. They sent us a confirmation and then a reminder before we left for vacation, The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were awesome and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We have 3 kids so the size of the suited with 2 Q and a hide-a-bed was good but throughout the night every time someone rolled over the bed squeaked. When we got there the room smelled like incense. Breakfast was your typical continental breakfast with biscuits and grave & waffles.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This place served as an okay place for us to spend a couple of nights. We were in Knoxville for a concert at Thompson Boling Arena. The price was right. The hotel is an older building, but it is clean and the rooms are spacious. They skipped a few noticeable areas in the renovations and it was also a bit unsettling to see a corrections bus used to transport federal inmates once a week to the courthouse parked in the back of the lot. The front desk told us that only the correction officers stayed at the hotel, but one never knows and I have to include this as part of my review as it would keep me from staying at this hotel again. I don't like to have to worry about my families safety. Several other great hotel choices are near Westgate Mall in Knoxville.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites with sofa and sitting area. Kings and Queen suites available. The Queen rooms s...
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Clean well maintained and updated spacious rooms. Excellent size refrigerator and huge tv. AC works but could use an update as it is sporadic. Kept having to adjust settings.

Bed mattress is excellent, but the pillows are horrible. Air only no foam or anything in pillow and not enough pillows either for a King bed. New pillows needed.

Bathroom is comfortable and toilet works quietly, a major plus.

However, the shower spray needs replacing too much water film doesn't work correctly. Also the water pressure needs to be increased. Water comes out of spray and goes dripping down not enough pressure to hit the body. You have to stand underneath water head to catch the water.

Warning too: trains go by at 10:30 pm on Sundays so if you are light sleeper you will wake. Didn't hear any after that. Thank goodness.

Parking is ok all around building and well lit. Staff is friendly and professional. Overall a good nights rest conveniently off highway 75 and near downtown Knoxville .

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I have stayed at a lot of hotels in my life.

Sometimes I like to stay at Best Western because they are franchised. Many are eclectic one of a kind. It is like a box of chocolates. Some really are great. Some not so great.

Best Western Knoxville Suites is a good one. I really enjoyed the rooms. Clean, spacious, great TV with channel selection. Well lot. Room enough to spread out and enjoy.

The breakfast was good. They had sliced fruit. I am sure it came in frozen. But I had two bowl fulls. I appreciate it when I get some fruit to start my day out healthy. They had dark roast, regular, and decaf coffee.

I have been to this hotel twice and stayed in different rooms on the fourth floor. Both were the same and really comfortable.

The hotel looks like it is in an older part of town. I don't know the area but it looked safe enough. I think there was a Waffle House next door. And a grocery store which I went to and picked up some supplies.

I expect to be in Knoxville in a few weeks and will definitely try to stay again, if I get the opportunity.

Room Tip: I stayed at two different rooms on the 4th floor. Both were very nice. I don't think it is clo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed here on our way to Panama City Florida. The hotel was nice, room was clean. Check in staff was wonderful and helpful. The hotel pool and hot tub were great for stretching our legs and resting our tired muscles after being in the car for 8 hours. Breakfast the next morning was a treat. A lot of choices, great for families with little ones. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2014

When we walked in we were surprised how beautiful the room was. There was a small living room area with a couch. I took pictures of it. It was very clean. The bathroom had a vanity counter which was very long so you could put many things on it. The beds were very comfortable. The TV was huge and had a good picture. I was happy that we were staying 2 nights! There also was a small neighborhood near it for walking and running.