“Was seriously disappointed”

Best Western Knoxville Suites
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were looking for a quick overnight en route to our vacation destination. We arrived at midnight, and the front desk worker could have cared less about checking me in. She was out front smoking when I arrived, and then meandered in after I entered the loby. She showed minimal customer service skills. I needed a few things, and went down to ask for dental floss and/or a contact case. They had neither, and she did not bother standing up to tell me this.
Although we were in a non smoking room, the room had a stale smoke smell. GROSS! Also, the room was very humid and everything felt wet,/damp including the clothes we put on the next morning.
Breakfast was typical for a Best Western.
When I went to check out, there were 4 people total in line to check out and no one working the desk. I had to track someone down in the breakfast/kitchen area (where there were 4 staff standing) to get someone to check us out.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband, daughter, and I stayed three nights for a conference in the area this past week, and we were totally satisfied with the experience. The location was great, as we were in and out for breaks. The room was large enough for the three of us to move about, and the beds were comfortable . One feature I particularly liked was the room darkening curtains. We all liked having the MW and mini fridge in the room, and when we had time the indoor pool was relaxing. We enjoyed the hot breakfast items and the staff made us feel welcome. Overall a positive experience, as well as a great value, we would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a clean, comfortable room off of the highway and the Best Western Suits worked fine. The room was clean but not as spacious a I would expect a suite to be. The room looked to have been updated recently. There was still room for a bit more renovation. The breakfast was a basic hot plate, but they ran out quickly and we had to wait. As I always note on shower pressure, this was not good, but overall a satisfying experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I took my daughter to visit University of Tennessee, Knoxville and we stayed at the Best Western Knoxville Suites for 2 nights. The room was fabulous, very clean, large and looked like it had been updated recently. The beds were extremely comfortable and they had an extra sink in the room, which is great for 2 women! It was about a 10 minute drive to the University. I wish we had stayed downtown because there was so much to do and we could have walked to the school, however, for the cost $80 per night versus $140. It was worth the stay. They have a free breakfast, which was good, quite a variety from eggs and toast to fresh fruit and muffins. The area which it is located is ok, I had a lady come up to me at the gas station in front of the hotel asking for money. We didn't explore that area, only stayed at the hotel and spent most of our time near the University. When we arrived there were very few cars at the hotel, I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay there, however, as the evening went on we seen more cars/people arrive.

Room Tip: I requested the 4th floor because they do not allow pets to stay on that floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one week on business. Room was clean & up to date with flat screen tv, nice suite area with desk & couch w/tables, and mini fridge & microwave with a wet bar of sorts. Nice marble slab vanity/counters in bathroom, wet bar & partition between bed area and sitting area. New carpeting throughout hotel.

Deluxe continental breakfast included typical continental offerings along with belgian waffle maker & a rotating trio selection of fried eggs, scrambled eggs, french toast sticks, sausage patties, biscuits & some kind of creamy gravy. Breakfast area was clean & set up with large flat screen tv & tables with chairs.

Cleaning staff was pretty thorough on the two days I had the "do not disturb" sign off of the door, but woyld have liked to have a refill of tissues.

Room was quiet & comfoetable with AC & blackout curtains. Location wasn't in an area for walking to destinations (its all highway) but its only about a 15-20 min ride to Market Square & other hotspots.

Glad to have had laundry facilities there. Pool & gym also but I didn't use either.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was scheduling a trip to visit my brother and his family and had selected a few hotels with some fairly descent rates utilizing my corporate discount. I had previously used Hotwire, but nothing caught my eye. I booked a room and was set...UNTIL Hotwire sent this lovely message that rates had dropped in Knoxville. Of course I bit the worm. I looked at the list it had and it wouldn't tell me the names only the rates...I wasn't going to get the room UNTIL it said.."WANT A HINT" Room is comparable to EMBASSY SUITES, HAMPTON INN AND SUITES, ETC. I have frequented those hotels before and they are some great ones, so I went out on faith and booked it. Let me tell you how disappointed I was when Best Western Suites came at confirmation. I kept an open mind since I had never visited this particular location. After confirmation I called the hotel to make sure I had 2 Queen beds and a pull out sofa since I had 6 people on a family vacation. The person I spoke to at Hotwire and The Best Western assured me that my room would have the beds and space needed. I checked into the hotel and I had the rudest clerk. She told me that they were sold out and my 2 Queen suite wasn't available. I told her that wasn't enough room and she said "I don't know what to tell you". She then said she would put it in to have me moved the next day. When morning came, I called for the room change and was told my a second rude, unconcerned desk attendant that I couldn't move unless I paid an upcharge. First of all, if I had known this was the chain before booking, I would have declined, the neighborhood is not the greatest looking, there is limited parking and I had to park along the front entrance walkway, the breakfast is HORRIBLE, the staff is rude. This hotel is NOWHERE closely related to the other chains they claim to be comparable to. I will NEVER use HOTWIRE again and I will NEVER visit another Best WESTERN. You get what you pay for and the "savings" that were given was not worth it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VacationDiva77
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I just spent a night here and I have to tell you, it is the cleanest and nicest Best Western property I have stayed at thus far. The rooms or suites are well kept and very comfortable. The are quite attractively decorated. Roger, the desk clerk was super friendly and helpful, from the time I called the hotel and he gave me directions to the hotel, and then gave directions to a local restaurant he recommended that served superb food. He was great! I would stay here again in a heartbeat. And the price...you can't beat it!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business