“Pet friendly, comfortable, clean, and convenient.”

Best Western Knoxville Suites
Ranked #19 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Gather your points each stay towards a free stay at this world-wide chain of comfortable rooms - most of which are listed non-smoking. The front desk staff were friendly. This location is pet friendly - pet fee $15. Only downside was that our room was an adjoining and the adjoining door did not fit very well letting us hear the conversion in the next room and no doubt they heard ours as well. A great breakfast was offered next morning with lots of variety. The comfortable room with sofa and king bed was clean and equipped with a microwave and fridge and a big TV and free wi-fi. Easy to get to off the highway.

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We dealt with some electrical troubles at home and had to find a place to stay for a few nights and my family decided to stay here after checking out a few other hotels in this area...the first one (Days Inn) was charging 55 per night and the room I saw was old, had stains on the walls, stains on the bedding, and wreaked of cigarettes and cheap cologne!! We decided to try Best Western because of the indoor pool and when I asked to see a room before we purchased, the gentlemen at the front desk was very kind and courteous. The desk area is clean and comfortable and the carpeting in the halls is brand new. The rooms are completely renovated with new carpets, paint, nice furniture, extremely comfortable and clean bedding and pillows and a beautiful bathroom. Totally didn't expect to have two double beds plus a pull out couch!! The room is HUGE fort he price!!! We paid 68 per night for 2 nights...I thought it was excellent value for the room! They also have a great FREE breakfast with biscuits and gravy, waffles, fruit, cereal, yogurt, juices, milk and muffins!! The pool is small but very clean and they also have a hot tub! All the staff has been very kind and courteous and I told them I would give them high remarks online!! If you're looking for a place to stay in a pinch, don't hesitate to stay Best Western!! You will not be disappointed!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Emily7306
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel has undergone total interior renovation. The rooms are pristine, very nicely decorated and an incredible value. I booked this hotel based on other reviews that noted it was one of the best of what you could expect in Knoxville. They have greatly surpassed that. I have paid $125/night for hotels that were no where near as nice as this. If you have been disappointed, give this location a second chance. I will definitely add this to my stay list. And they're pet friendly!

Room Tip: Given the recent renovation - I don't think there's a bad room in the facility.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank j H
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Was awakened at 3 AM by the sound of fire alarm. Smell of cig smoke in the stairwell. Front desk staff stated no fire and FD had been called about 10 min AFTER the alarm started. FD finally responded, took a while to turn off alarm. When asked about a discount, the night manager, Sunil Patel, immediately took the attitude it is not their fault. He said he would call HQ and let me know if he could do anything. I finally got back to sleep at 4:30 AM. Morning desk clerk, Roger, did not care and did not try to take care of my interrupted night's sleep when I was checking out. Attitude was it was not their fault. Too bad I did not get a good night's rest.

Another observation: The sheets on my bed were low quality, they had been so used that they had developed pilling making for a scratchy night.

If you stay here do so at your own risk. They apparently do not place security of the property high on their priority list. Some mystery person seems to have initiated the alarm in the first floor stairwell.

In summary, staff does not care for guests.

Room Tip: Stay at a differnt hotel. Avoid at all cost.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
knoxsuites, Manager at Best Western Knoxville Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry that our property did not meet your expectations. There's nothing more unsettling than a fire alarm going off suddenly in the middle of the night, but with the safety of our guests being of the utmost concern at all times, this type of event is unfortunately part of the territory. On the fortunate side, it turned out to be a false alarm, but as a hotel we cannot take this type of situation for granted. This industry is saturated with numerous fire safety rules and regulations which we strictly adhere to. If there is an error, we much prefer that it occur on the side of caution.

We appreciate you sharing your experience with other TripAdvisor readers and encourage you to visit us again if you're in the Knoxville area. This was an unusual occurrence which can certainly mess up a night's sleep, but we hope that you take solace in the fact that your safety, and that of all of our guests, is not open to compromise.

The Management

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We arrived after a long drive from Myrtle Beach to be greeted by Mark at the front desk!! What a great, friendly guy. Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable!! Mark recommended a great restaurant and even told us what dessert to have! Would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed here twice, August and then for a football game. Never again! Claimed they had a shuttle to the games but had no information or idea about it. Could not print plane tix since they do not refill their
printer, ever. They allow big dogs, and saw bugs,yuk. Won't return. Especially at $150 night

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Every year I book rooms for the UT games, and I have always gravitated toward the Cedar Bluff area. This year, I found the Best Western on Tripadvisor and took a chance on it. The location is actually closer to the stadium, and we had no trouble getting cab rides to/fro. In addition, there is a shuttle that leaves for the games. We arrived later and missed it, but it is a "good to know".

Upon arrival, the staff was welcoming and friendly. We were VERY pleasantly surprised by the rooms! They have just been remodeled and are very clean and modern. It is also a completely non-smoking establishment, which works well for us. The only negative in our room was the air conditioning unit, as it was terribly loud. Otherwise, it was terrific.

I have booked this hotel for another game this season, and I will gladly recommend it to others that are traveling to Knoxville for games or other events!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple