“No frills but nice to stay for a few”

Comfort Inn & Suites Knoxville West
Ranked #39 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Comfortable spacious rooms with balcony. It does have some age but not run down by any means. Fitness room is large with a sauna. Mexican style restaurant and Macaroni Grill adjacent to hotel, shopping mall virtually across the street. A few miles west of Knoxville but the morning traffic flowed well during our trips into the Medical Center. Breakfast starts at 7am which is too late for many. I think this is becoming a cost cutting trend in some places. Get a front facing room, the rear ones are right next to I-40 and could be noisier.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank damax
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Knoxville West

Reviewed August 8, 2010

stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. front desk staff and all employees were extremely nice and very courteous. great location convenient to shopping and eateries. got 4 star treatment for a two star rate. would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We were impressed with the service and the complimentary breakfast that was available every morning. The 12 noon check-out time doesn't hurt as well. Rooms were nothing fancy but clean. The motel was also very convenient to downtown Knoxville without the heavy traffic right outside your doorstep. Recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We just stayed a night when we passed through Knoxville. The rooms were large, furnished comfortably including MW and Fridge. The rooms were clean though had a musty smell somtimes and looked dated. Had a balcony. We opted for a room facing the Kingston Pike rather than the highway. So it was quiet through out. The breakfast was pertty good with hot options. Check-in and check-out were quick and they gave what we requested when we booked. Had an outdoor pool that we didn't use. Good value for what we paid for a night's rest.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Stayed one night on our driving trip from Florida to Michigan. Our king, nonsmoking room was clean and bed was comfortable. Road noise is pretty loud from highway I75. Heating/cooling unit in room was loud and hard to adjust to a comfortable temperature.
At 2AM the fire alarm started going off, and continued most of the night. Someone had broken into the hotel and started a fire in a bathroom (we found out the next morning). Needless to say, it was impossible to sleep well. When we asked about a discount for a night of no sleep, we were turned down. This is bad customer service, considering we paid $80 (after taxes, fees, etc) expecting a quiet night and received probably the noisiest night I have ever spent in a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I stayed at this hotel while house-hunting in Knoxville. Thus, I really just needed a place to stay, rather than a really fancy hotel with all the bells and whistles. Having said that, there are a couple things I would like to point out...

Location
The hotel is right off of the exit, but Mapquest et. al will probably give you the wrong instructions. You really have to turn left before you get to Kingston Pike or else you won't be able to get in. That's the mistake I made, and when I called the hotel to ask for directions, they seemed to have no clue where I was even though I really wasn't far away. I was annoyed by that.

Rooms
The rooms were pretty big and included a TV, mini-fridge, and maybe even a microwave. My room had a little balcony where you could sit outside. The beds were comfortable, though the pillows were somewhat lumpy. I didn't feel as though the carpet had been cleaned thoroughly...my feet felt sticky after walking on them.

One thing that I would like to mention: They apparently don't air condition the hallways in this place, so expect them to be rather steamy in the summer months.

Amenities
There's a pool out in the front, though I didn't try it. Each day, the staff puts out free cookies and drinks in the lobby, which was nice. Breakfast was okay, though they seem to run out of things quickly, and there wasn't much selection. The hotel has free Wi-Fi, but I had trouble getting a good signal in my room. I could only get it to work if I sat outside.

Staff
I wasn't wild about the staff here. They seemed kinda surly at times, especially the one guy at the front desk.

Overall, I would only recommend this place if you need an inexpensive room for a night or two.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2008

This hotel has really deterioted since it remodeled 4 yrs ago. We stayed in this hotel each year for the last 4 years and found it to be satisfactory and convenient to shopping, eating and Univ of Tenn.. But this time around, it was a huge disappointment. Our room smelled "stale" and smoke even though it is suppose to be a smoke free room. But the most digusting part is the mold in the bathtub and the very outdated plumbing fixtures. The carpet in our room looks and feels dirty as well as the carpet in the hallways. YUCK! It was a very uncomfortable night! I did complain to the frontdesk hoping they would give me somesort of discount for putting up with a very substandard room (room was $95.00 with taxes). All he said was we will fix it. Yea right! I don't think thats going to happen anytime soon. I will from now on stay in a Hampton or Residence Inn where they always honor their 100% satisfaction gauranteed policy even if it cost more. Comfort, cleaniness is #1 on my list.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business