“Will Never Return to Knxoville, Thanks to Ramada!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Knoxville West
Ranked #39 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Miami, Florida
“Will Never Return to Knxoville, Thanks to Ramada!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

After driving 8 1/2 hours and arriving at 10pm on a Friday, we were greeted by the lovely Rachel. She first informed us that even though we had requested a cot upon making our reservation, they were all out. Then, when we [by we, I mean 5 people; 3 adults & 2 children] got to our room there were only two towels. I called lovely Rachel and requested three more towels only to hear..."nope, no towels." I asked her if I could speak with the manager and heard, "nope, no manager will be here till Monday." I then asked her if housekeeping could get us a few towels from a room that was not occupied and heard, "nope, no housekeeping here." As I went on to inform her of how disappointed we were with Ramada and that we had not even been there 1/2 an hour, she hung up! The next day when we called Orbitz, who we had booked the room through, when they called, they reached lovely Rachel who HUNG UP ON THEM TOO!! I must say, if I ever had thought of making another trip to Knoxville, Rachel has ruined it for me. We only stayed the one night as we were driving back to Florida.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Atoka, Tennessee
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This "hotel" was completely awful to say the least. Please dont be fooled by the pictures that are listed on their website. They are misleading. Upon arriving at the "hotel" I noticed that the lawn in front was overgrown. That should have been a sign of what was to come. The outside facade of the "hotel" could use a good paint job, you can tell it hasn't been touched since they built it. I was pleasantly surprised at the waiting/lounge area down stairs it was nicely designed with new furniture and clean floors, but once we turned the corner to go up to our rooms it was if we stepped back in time to 1972! The you could smell the mildew from the old stained carpet. Our room was awful. The carpet was filthy and torn. My six year old son had to change his socks 3 times in one day just from walking on the carpet. The white towels were an awful shade of tan and the fixtures in the room were leaning on their last leg, literally!!!! I don't even want to talk about the tub and shower(MOLD everywhere). Because of this "hotel", really a motel if you ask me, I will NEVER book with Ramada again.

Room Tip: Not Ramada Knoxville!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank L C
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Our first stay at this hotel. Didn't expect too much, but the room was clean. The only thing that didn't work in our room was a desk lamp, but we didn't use it, so we didn't even mention it to the hotel. Hotel staff was all friendly, but they could have been wearing something more "professional". Hot breakfast was good and constantly attended by a hotel staff. Location was great for us who was visiting UT.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
West Tennessee
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We were in Knoxville for a UT softball game and stayed..again..at the Knoxville Ramada. We have stayed here 5-7 times over the past years and have always been happy. We first started staying strictly based on Tripadvisor reviews and have been happy ever since. The rooms are always clean, the staff always nice, the rates always better than most. The area is fine and everything is great. Although you might pass it up if driving by, it is well worth the stop. I don't stay at crappy properties, as I can afford not to, but I choose to stay here. If I had a complaint, I just wish they provided USA Today papers in the lobby and I would be set! I put alot of faith in the Tripadvisor reviews and I can recommend this opne. I would be staying again next weekend but they are booked up so I have to go down the street.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We visit Knoxville often and we find this motel convenient for our stay. There are many restaurants close by and you have easy access back onto the interstate if you are travelling I40/75.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the backside of the motel which require no stairs but are actually on the second...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Theodore K
Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My poor daughter. She went to TN to see her first Lady Vols basketball game. The first night of her stay at the ramada, her room was broken into and all her clothing ,shoes, & jewelry was stolen. Her friends backpack was also stolen with most of her belongings. I thought Ramada would have had better security. I am very dissappointed. So much for that damn southern hospitality!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Virginia
Reviewed September 30, 2011

This is an older hotel and it definitely shows. The hallways felt like they didn't have air conditioning. The room had a lot of moisture in it. (I had a bag of cotton candy and, overnight, it turned into a hard ball of sugar.) There was a safe in the room (you don't see that much anymore) and I was charged a $1.00 extra for it. I did enjoy the breakfast and the woman who was in charge there did a great job of keeping things stocked. (I know because I went back for a second breakfast.) I found the bed to be comfortable. It was just a one-night stay, so it was adequate.
It is a good location - right near the interstate and the West Town Mall. Lots of restaurants and a grocery store nearby.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo