“Under Construction”

Courtyard Knoxville Cedar Bluff
Ranked #41 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Very friendly staff. Very aged property. In the process of the new CY upgrade. I will stay again.

Stayed: April 2012
knoxvillecourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. Our team prides themselves in their friendliness, and sincerely appreciates your compliments. Our rooms were renovated a few years ago, and so we are looking forward to the lobby and restaurant upgrades! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 17, 2012

This was a last minute reservation, so I was grateful to find a room, but that said, it was nothing special. I am a Marriott Rewards member and have come to expect more from their properties. The room was clean and comfortable, but breakfast was expensive, greasy and unappealing. Next time I will opt for the Residence Inn next door.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Even though a last minute reservation, thank you for visiting our property and providing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you found your room clean and comfortable! I will share your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance teams. They work very hard to provide the quality of room you should expect from every Marriott property. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the breakfast options. We are excited that we have just started our full lobby and restaurant renovation. The improvements will be seen in the lobby, guest areas (business center, pool, fitness center), and restaurant menu (Starbucks coffee, healthy breakfast and dinner options, and full bar)! The renovation will be complete mid-June, and I invite you to please stay with us again.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

3rd hotel stay in the US, we travelled from Ohio to Georgia, by Car and chose this hotel as a mid-way stop. Price of room was $ 89 for Queen Double.

I will keep this review brief but;

- Toilet was blocked in first room and given another room (was done easily by reception)
- Beds were too firm and uncomfortably high.
- Hallways and rooms smelt
- Breakfast in the morning was in plastic bowls and was very limited in selection
- The hotel experienced an armed robbery the night we stayed and reportedly some person jumped the reception counter at about 3 - 4 am.

All i wanted to do was leave get and get to Georgia. For the very first time in the US i felt very unsafe at a hotel. No Wi-Fi that I can recall. This hotel looked tired and needed some real work, didn’t seem close to the standard we expected from Marriott.

My opinion is stay with Caution, I’m sure there are better options. Was I guess what you could expect for $ 89 a night, but could do better

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
knoxvillecourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

I would like to thank you for writing your review, however I belive that the review must have been left for the wrong hotel. Our hotel does not use plastic bowls, nor has experienced an armed robbery. Also, we do not have queen beds, and we do have Wi-Fi.

I hope if you are in Knoxville again, you would give our hotel a try. Please feel free to contact me if I can help any further.

Amy Francis
cy.tyscy.gm@marriott.com

Reviewed January 10, 2012

To sum it up.

LOUD LOUD LOUD, OH ITS LOUD. Traffic sounds from the interstate was terrible. And when people walked in the halls, it litterally vibrated the walls.

It was really bad.

Also, the internet was SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Like dial up slow. It was horrible.

Go elsewhere

Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
knoxvillecourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2012

Thank you for visiting our hotel and providing valuable feedback and comments. I sincerely apologize for not addressing your feedback sooner.

I am very sorry for the noise that you heard from the interstate and hotel. I hope that you would try our hotel again if you are passing through Knoxville, and we could have the opportunity to select a quieter room for you.

Also, I wanted to share that we are very excited we will be increasing our internet bandwith within the next few months to improve the speed of this amenity for all guests.

I assure you we do take all guest concerns very seriously, and again I do appreciate you bringing your concerns to my attention. I personally invite you to give us another try next time you are in Knoxville.

Amy Francis
cy.tyscy.gm@marriott.com

Reviewed August 7, 2011

May be we should have opted for the higher-rated Residence Inn co-located here in W Knoxville, but we found property clean, comfortable and without surprises. Upcoming Nov renovation of public areas will bring it in line this the most modern Courtyards, I suspect.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I read the reviews and did want to add my own. It is true that this is an older Marriott. But, the service goes beyond the call of duty to be caring and thoughtful, our room was immaculate, and it is my impression that the staff is doing all it can to make it a very pleasant stay. I did not find the other reviews to be accurate or fair.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank indianhillmomma
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Hotel was overbooked due to tornadoes. We were given another room at another Marriott across the parking lot and had our entire stay compensated for this minor inconvenience. Marriott had also changed my Priceline reservation for we without any trouble whatsoever... and the mistake in booking was mine... not the hotels! I have never been treated so well in any hotel in my life! Go Marriott!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family