“Good to Very Good, No Surprises”

Courtyard Knoxville Cedar Bluff
Ranked #40 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed August 7, 2011

May be we should have opted for the higher-rated Residence Inn co-located here in W Knoxville, but we found property clean, comfortable and without surprises. Upcoming Nov renovation of public areas will bring it in line this the most modern Courtyards, I suspect.

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed May 27, 2011

I read the reviews and did want to add my own. It is true that this is an older Marriott. But, the service goes beyond the call of duty to be caring and thoughtful, our room was immaculate, and it is my impression that the staff is doing all it can to make it a very pleasant stay. I did not find the other reviews to be accurate or fair.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank indianhillmomma
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Hotel was overbooked due to tornadoes. We were given another room at another Marriott across the parking lot and had our entire stay compensated for this minor inconvenience. Marriott had also changed my Priceline reservation for we without any trouble whatsoever... and the mistake in booking was mine... not the hotels! I have never been treated so well in any hotel in my life! Go Marriott!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank BMuench
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I've been a mariott rewards member for a number of years, this was "almost" the worst Mariott I've ever stayed in.

The rooms were very dark and outdated. The staff was oblivious. The elevator was extremely slow. Traffic from the nearby interstate was loud all night.

My recommendation is to stay at the residence inn next door. I've stayed there over 50 times in the last 2 years and it is by far better.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2011

The check-in / check-out were flawless. The front desk staff members were all exceptionally professional and attentive. The parking was plentiful, convenient, well-lit and safe. The room was clean and comfy. The beds and pillows were fabulous. The indoor pool and hot tub were wonderful! The coffee was delicious, well-stocked and available all day. The ice-water station by the elevator was a nice extra. The location is good but there is no food in walking distance. The internet was spotty. I received good wi-fi coverage in the lobby but not at the end of the hallways (where my room was). The breakfast.... strange concept. It looks like free continental breakfast as found in similar hotels (no door to the restaurant, bar area for do-it-yourself foods), but it's not free. You do get better and more variety of food than found on free continentals but for the same or less money, you can sit down at a real restaurant and get served from a menu or go to a huge buffet. Unfortunately, the breakfast situation was dismal. This caliber of hotel would be better suited to have the free continental breakfast - even if the offerings were sparse, free = good. Other than that, the hotel itself was great. I would stay here again (if I brought my own box of doughnuts and fruit to eat in the morning). :)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I'm a Marriott Gold Rewards member so needless to say, I've stayed at a lot of Marriotts all over the country. This one was by far the worst. The staff was friendly but besides that, everything else was horrible. Our first room wreaked of smoke so they promptly changed us, no problems, but the second room was disgusting. Mold on the shower curtain, stains on the carpet, and what appeared to be a blood stain on the curtains and in the tub. We didn't bother switching at that point, just stayed there. The hotel itself needs a face lift, it's dark and damp. Not welcoming at all. I was especially annoyed after returning to the room on the second day in the afternoon to find out that it had never been cleaned. When I called the front desk, they sent a housekeeper up only to tell me that she gets off work in 10 minutes (it was 3pm) and didn't have time to clean our room. I used my Marriott points for this stay and really feel like I wasted them. We were in town for a wedding and the rest of our family stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn down the road. I was jealous of their hotel, sooo much nicer and it was less expensive.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2011

The hotel offered us a late arrival which perfect for our travel. Upon arriving we were greeted by friendly staff that got us checked in quickly. After getting to our room - barely getting to the room that is - the light from us opening the door caused some not so lovely bugs to scurry accross the floor. The night manager assured us that this had never happened to them before but we opted not to stay there anyway. So at 3am Knoxville time, we were forced to find another hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011