We stayed here for one night on the way back home from Washington, DC. Had never stayed at a Clarion before, but had stayed at numerous Choice Hotels before, primarily Comfort Inns and Comfort Suites. Were expecting a first class hotel, since this is how Clarions are described by Choice Hotels, but this hotel was budget all the way. Here are the main points:
1. The bathroom was awful - mildew stains in the shower, small, in dire need of updating.
2. The elevators were filthy.
3. Torn wallpaper in numerous spots in the hallway.
4. The "business center" was a joke - a computer, printer and portable copy machine that had to have been at least five or six years old, and a very slow internet connection.
5. The floor we were on was supposedly all nonsmoking rooms, but several rooms on the floor, including ours, were missing nonsmoking signs on the door.
6. Not a very nice location - right next to the freeway, with a Motel 6 and Econolodge nearby.
All in all, not a first class hotel as Choice Hotels would leave you to believe. Not sure how this place got/has kept a AAA three diamond rating.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Select Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Inn Knoxville Hotel Knoxville
- Clarion Knoxville
- Clarion Hotel Knoxville
- Knoxville Clarion