“My clothes were stolen from the room”
Review of Select Inn

Select Inn
Ranked #48 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
seattle
“My clothes were stolen from the room”
Reviewed June 3, 2008

I was not expecting a plush hotel experience but I certainly wasn't expecting to be robbed! I travel and stay in hotels around the world and this is the first time that my clothing was stolen out of my suitcase from my room. You can imagine my surprise when I opened my suitcase at my next stop and found ALL of my shirts/sweaters missing. Mr. Patel, the hotel manager wouldn't even return my calls. I continued to call and when I finally got him he said that he would check into it but NEVER called back. The front desk attendant told me that there are signs around the hotel that state that they are not responsible for any personal items in the rooms. Should we start taking our luggage and locking it in the rental car when we leave the room for a few hours??
They also only have 1 employee on duty during the evening shift...we couldn't get fresh towels at 8pm because he couldn't leave the front desk! Do NOT stay here!

• Disliked — my proprty was stolen
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
3 Thank summerinwa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Georgia
Reviewed May 23, 2008

My friend and I came into town from Chattanooga after dropping our kids off at our sitters for the night. We were coming into town for a concert and were cutting it close with time. The door to the balcony was open when we walked in the room. We checked into the hotel, changed clothes and left. It was after 11 p.m. when we returned and were exhausted. The reason the door was open was because the air didn't work so obviously this was already known to someone on staff. We were to tired to do anything about it. So the next morning when we checked out we mentioned it. Well, we were supposed to call as soon as we learned the air was out except someone already obviously knew. We asked for a discount and the lady was rather rude in saying they take care of things as they are reported and we should have called the night before. No I'm sorry, no nothing. Then I had my mom look up a number for us to call, except there isn't one on their website, it just says to report it right away. So much for that 100% customer satisfaction they have posted on their site.
As for cleanliness, it was decent to sleep in for a night. Although the other problem ruined my stay.

• Liked — It was a place to sleep in the hot.
  • Disliked — The rude lady at the front desk!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
WI
Reviewed April 6, 2008

it's okay. Nothing more. The lobby has been updated at some point. The upstairs hall was dingy and the doors were filthy. The room was small and the carpet was dirty.

It's the kind of room that makes you want to go shopping, sightseeing, out to dinner...anywhere but back to the room.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
TN
Reviewed March 31, 2008

Marginal at best, not a bad hotel and not great. Lobby has been redecorated and is nice but rooms are a little outdated. Good location though, many national restaurants near by. Not a bad stay for one night.

Stayed March 2008
Florida
Reviewed December 1, 2006

We chose this hotel because we needed a place north of town with a microwave in-room. It was a fairly average hotel, nothing terribly out of the ordinary as far as we were concerned. It was clean, and recently updated.

Yes, it is backed up to I-75, which was the view from the room we received. However they are not unaware of the noise an interstate makes; the balcony sliding glass door was insulated with... another slim sliding glass door. The noise was audible but not enough to keep you awake. However, the noise drowns out the tv when the doors are open.

The only gripe I really had was that while the hotel had fairly recently been updated, the bathroom was dated with old fixtures which took a minute to figure out... a very long minute when you're talking cold shower!

Not much to complain about here if you're looking for a decently priced room for a business or other short trip.

• Stayed November 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Sooz123
Michigan
Reviewed July 5, 2006

We needed 7 rooms for a wedding downtown. They have a great group rate here and we were only 3 or 4 miles from the river downtown. Nice, clean facilities and the staff is wonderful. Great rooms with balconies and comfortable beds. We travelled all the way from Michigan and we were made to feel at home. They advertise a continental breakfast here but it was more like a full hot breakfast. I would recommend this hotel. Easy off and on to I-75 too.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank beachbum070
St. Augusitne, Florida
Reviewed January 18, 2006

While traveling with my 92 year old father from Florida to Ohio, we decided to stay at the Clarion overnight. I called ahead for reservations and thought we were all set. When we arrived there was a mix up in the reservations and instead of trying to straighten it out the desk clerk became very rude to the point that I would have left if I had not had my father with me. I asked for a handicap room which they did not have but that was ok as long as it was on the first floor. Then she made a big issue about not smoking in the room or she would charge me extra and put it on my credit card. She did this very loudly and in front of other guests. The more I tried to explain to her that I didn't smoke, the louder and more threatening she became. I finally got my father into the room and I couldn't sleep all night from being upset. I wrote to the Customer Relations Dept. and reported this incident. I was assured that I would hear from the hotel in 7-10 days which of course I have never heard from them and so therefore will never stay in a Choice Hotel again.
Ramona Walter